8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean, conduct-related disbelief?

Of course. Rofo really needs his Ford for mayor fridge magnets delivered here by his "team" ( often mikey) Somebody at the dry cleaners might really need one. Kind of thing. I'm not even going there with the pumpkin. That wasn't just known by staff. They knew all about her before she was admitted. The place is not spa hab. It is legitimate and had helped many but the owner is a douche and it was losing money. Fords visit was the best publicity they could hope for. The staff wanted him out.The owner wanted the $$$.

The Star had a Ford Gone Wild in Rehab story in the works--a follow up to the one that came out. It was going to reveal more about McRobb and how the whole rehab stint was a farce. But I think when the Gomeshi stuff came up it fell by the wayside.

Funny you say that Jimmi. I thought there was more to come because Donovan spoke to more people than were ever quoted. I wondered if they couldn't corroberate(sp?) There were so many who thought The Star was on a mission against ford they actually lost some subscriptions. Fecking thankless work exposing
corruption.

Funny you say that Jimmi. I thought there was more to come because Donovan spoke to more people than were ever quoted. I wondered if they couldn't corroberate(sp?) There were so many who thought The Star was on a mission against ford they actually lost some subscriptions. Fecking thankless work exposing corruption.

Yep, there's tonnes more stuff that happened at rehab that he knows is true but doesn't have enough proof to publish. Maybe he'll put it in a Ford book once he's done with the Gomeshi one.

What I think happened with pumpkin was she was bummed about being shut out by the Fords and so started to dish to media (like that whacky Sun interview). Then Lisi's told to befriend her to try to reign her in. He does, and somehow got access to her Twitter account so he could monitor who was contacting her, what they were discussing etc.

What I think happened with pumpkin was she was bummed about being shut out by the Fords and so started to dish to media (like that whacky Sun interview). Then Lisi's told to befriend her to try to reign her in. He does, and somehow got access to her Twitter account so he could monitor who was contacting her, what they were discussing etc.

That interview was an "ignore me at your peril" message. I had to laugh. Robbie found the one person more manipulative than a ford to take up with. I have no proof but I think Lisi used her place as a bolt hole. Local reports have him in muskoka several times ( or one extended time) while rofo was in treatment. I think her first appearance she had a ford lawyer (an ex copper type traffic ticket guy from T.O.) then she had a local guy for the rest. She is doing way better now. Sober, working, has the kid back. I'm happy for her family.

That interview was an "ignore me at your peril" message. I had to laugh. Robbie found the one person more manipulative than a ford to take up with. I have no proof but I think Lisi used her place as a bolt hole. Local reports have him in muskoka several times ( or one extended time) while rofo was in treatment. I think her first appearance she had a ford lawyer (an ex copper type traffic ticket guy from T.O.) then she had a local guy for the rest. She is doing way better now. Sober, working, has the kid back. I'm happy for her family.

That's good for her. It'd make sense for him to be using her house for resupply trips--at least before the car accident.

The Star is describing this latest report as a "bombshell". Is it really? I don't know about that. We all knew CH security were under Ford's thumb already. The crack video story was a bombshell.

The Star is describing this latest report as a "bombshell". Is it really? I don't know about that. We all knew CH security were under Ford's thumb already. The crack video story was a bombshell.

If she found evidence that Ford forced city employees to perform illegal acts it would be.

Too true. The Star tends to oversell stories in its headlines, IMO. It's hardly alone, but still....

The fact that they went so far as to block the camera to protect Ford is something--perhaps, as friends at the Star call it, a small shell?

Colin Perkel from Canadian Press tweets:
@Perkel Fair to say Sandro Lisi/Jay Bahrami drug trial is descending into bit of a farce as it wraps. Looks like wording of the charge may be faulty.
@Perkel Turns out charge against Lisi forgot to mention the word 'marijuana.' Crown wants to add. Defence says no. Judge in the middle. On we go.

It seems farcical that he could get off on something like this, but not entirely surprising given the nature of the entire saga. I only hope they can nail him on something else and bring Ford down with him.

It seems farcical that he could get off on something like this, but not entirely surprising given the nature of the entire saga. I only hope they can nail him on something else and bring Ford down with him.

He apparently has been a thorn in the side of local cops for more than a decade. But he's small time so they don't pay him that much attention (edit: at least until the Ford stuff came up).

I'd be a hypocrite to root for someone to go down on weed charges. I don't smoke anymore but used to, my wife too and lots of my friends still do. Coke, crack and stuff that ruins people is another story.

Last edited:

How can the crown be that inept (not that I am a believer of actual - vs. planned - incompetence at that level anyways)

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back