News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I read that as nothing is firmed up about any of it yet. This could be a way to maximize both services on their own and not beholden to either. It could also be the way to shut down the Long Distance service since by 2030, a tender needs to go out to replace that fleet. This is where that tender is really what the crux of Via's future is.

They posted this on Facebook which has a link to their strategic plan.

While it has lots of warm fuzzies, the devil is always in the details.

So, without too much to speculate on, I will wait for the tender to go out listing number of cars and types.

1000007733.jpg

This schedule at Trenton is from pre-covid. I'm guessing it's out of date?

Doubtless there is a view that only suckers read paper timetables and any who do have only themselves to blame if their travel is impacted

I could understand those being posted where cell service does not exist but all stations along the Corridor have access to the online timetables.

That explains the bizarre consist I saw eastbound at Woodbine Rd the other day. Must have been 10+ coaches and 3 engines.

When will the new venture schedule be updated? Last schedule was in April and a couple new sets should be online by now

When will the new venture schedule be updated? Last schedule was in April and a couple new sets should be online by now
Again the Ren sets in the corridor that were retired have been replaced with Venture sets. So I think that's at least two train sets.

this is the diagram list Doug Bardeau on groups.ie has sketched out, but since the Ren set is still around, it probably won't be real for another week or so.
1716925371897.png

I really hope the advent of 641/644 now at a time when the Ottawa crew base seems to be under some pressure, and not at a more sensible launch date in September (since many people will be taking time off in the summer and not travelling for business) is not because provincial Conservative MPPs are hammering various agencies for delivery of their pet projects in anticipation of an early election call.

1716925465004.png

Back