News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Why is the thought of VIA changing their livery so unfathomable? The TTC did it in 2016, even though their old paint was more than sufficient. So did GO. So did Mississauga Transit. And then again 15 years later when they decided the blue express livery was no longer worthwhile. So did York Region. So did Milton.

Management need to justify their existence somehow, so they push through unnecessary visual changes that will serve as their legacy. There is no secret conspiracy.

Why is the thought of VIA changing their livery so unfathomable? The TTC did it in 2016, even though their old paint was more than sufficient. So did GO. So did Mississauga Transit. And then again 15 years later when they decided the blue express livery was no longer worthwhile. So did York Region. So did Milton.

Management need to justify their existence somehow, so they push through unnecessary visual changes that will serve as their legacy. There is no secret conspiracy.
Not only did Mississauga Transit change their livery, they changed their name to Mi Way. Which I still think is stupid and I'll keep calling it Mississauga Transit.

Not only did Mississauga Transit change their livery, they changed their name to Mi Way. Which I still think is stupid and I'll keep calling it Mississauga Transit.
If you look at how I tag the buses, I still call it Mississauga Transit as miWay is dumb. I can live with the colours, but could have been better considering the public had no say.
Mississauga
Mississauga Transit
Mississauga (miWay) Transit
Mississauga Bus Fleet
Mississauga (miWay) Transit 2059 New Flyer XE60 Articulated Bus

If they are planning having VIA over 2 coaches, that is dumb. Look at what Brightline has done to their 5 car set and it will not match VIA 2 coaches style. Same for systems in Europe.

Did anyone asked the VIA riders for their input or was this done by the Feds or upper management??

Well it could be worse. biWay? yiWay?

If they were to merge Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon; they could call it triWay.

Well it could be worse. biWay? yiWay?

If they were to merge Mississauga, Brampton, and Caledon; they could call it triWay.
na!! just peel transit that was first proposed when Peel was created in the first place to what exist today

EDIT: please disregard the below as it refers to a May 2023 trip

A trip write-up someone did on a recent passage on 185/186. Doesn't sound like outlandish changes are coming equipment-wise, but surprising that buffer requirements have remained in place on this route such that passengers are only being carried in the middle of the three RDCs in the current consist.

Last edited:
A trip write-up someone did on a recent passage on 185/186. Doesn't sound like outlandish changes are coming equipment-wise, but surprising that buffer requirements have remained in place on this route such that passengers are only being carried in the middle of the three RDCs in the current consist.
They may have found issues that needed the buffer to continue and that is what is forcing Via to replace them with the Corridor cars.
Is the results of he destructive testing public?

The report was for a trip on May 6-7, 2023. The requirement for buffer cars was repealed effective May 17, 2023.

Back