News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with Ted Tyndorf last night - he's aware of the project, but not all the details. Bazis has not submitted an application to his knowledge, although he stated the previous approval at 205 meters had higher floor to ceiling heights with offices and the movie theatre in the base and suggested the height difference was likely minimal and might be able to go through the committee of adjustment.

I'm thinking it'll be a bit taller than 205m, but no where close to 300m. Hopefully many more details will be unveiled next Thursday.

That's awesome, wylie. Can't wait to see all those Yonge and Bloor towers built.

It still doesn't make sense. The original was 57 floors, and this may be 77 floors. An extra 20 stories does not squish into the same height. Thursday should be interesting.

they said in the press release that it would be 79 storeys above AND below ground...so the "80 storeys" may prove to be misleading.

It is certainly possible to have 'almost 80' floors with the same total height (205m) as the older 68F design that we saw in the recent images.

We know that the double-height podium floors are gone, replaced with residential height floors. That adds 4 more floors. The roof element on top (which is included in the 205m height) could be replaced with 4 or 5 more residential floors. This brings us up to 76F or 77F. And add 2 or 3 underground floors, to bring the total to 79F, without increasing the total height. I would say, though, that this building should not be considered as 79F tall, but instead as 76F or 77F tall, with 3 or 2 additional underground floors.

The renderings that wyliepoon has posted show a 300m tower, twice the height of the surrounding buildings. At 205m, the building still dominates the area, but is only 1/3 taller than the surrounding buildings -- which actually fits in with the neighbourhood better, in my opinion.

I have to repeat, though, that at 205m, this has to be one of the shortest 77F buildings on the planet -- most residential buildings with its floor count are at least 100m taller.

Bill

Re: 80 Floors

I agree. If the tower is 300 M - which I kind of hope it is - it will absolutely dominate that part of town. However, if it's 205 M it really has a lack of height for the condo units, something I wouldn't enjoy if living in those condos. After this being said, isn't it possible that the height may indeed be going up, just not to 300 M? Everyone on this forum seems to be going with one height or the other .. Am I missing something?

Well, Kyle Rae -- who apparently has some 'inside information' about this project -- has stated that the old 68F plan (which is the one we have recently seen renderings of) was 205m tall, while the new 'nearly 80F' version required little or no height increase.

Bill

Are you certain they are not removing floors with the number 4 and 13 to get the 80? There's at least 8 or 9 floors missing if you do it that way.

I don't think they're allowed to do that anymore. Fire regulations.

I hope not. Sorry for going OT, but that whole 'unlucky number' thing -- Western or Chinese -- drives me crazy. It's sad that developers have to bow to the forces of superstition in order to sell their product.

Bill

From what I've seen, the number of floors given in initial reports from a developer always seem to be actual.

We've practised superstition here for decades. I am always taken aback when I enter an apartment or condo and find it has a 13th floor. I'd never heard criticism until Chinese developers started avoiding the 4s.

The 57 floor version by Y & W was 205 metres. There is no way you can have 79 floors at 205 metres as it would be like 8.5 foot ceilings. Also the roof looks like it has quite a large mechanical which I am guessing does not have any occupied floors, but is all just structural. This means the floor to ceiling height is even lower.

9 foot ceilings have become more common in condo units in the past 5 or 6 years but 8 or so feet would not be unheard of. 79 floors X 8.5 = 672 feet, approx. 205m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back