News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the new Condo Guide (Apr 2-16) there is an insert, "Condominium Builders Annual", and on pages 14 & 15 of that, there is an ad for Bazis....pics of Crystal Blue, and of that gigantic project in Moscow that looks like the Royal York on steroids....they also mention 1 Bloor, "Coming Soon"...no rendering, but it does say "Residences, Hotel, Retail"....so it looks like there will be a hotel component...

Can't wait till Thursday....

I hope not. Sorry for going OT, but that whole 'unlucky number' thing -- Western or Chinese -- drives me crazy. It's sad that developers have to bow to the forces of superstition in order to sell their product.

Agree!!!

Don't they know that even by skipping 4th floor, their 5th floor is STILL 4th?

Floor numbering is completely askew in apartments and condos.
Skipping the 13th makes the 14th floor the 13th too. When you think about it, the 14th floor is really the 12th floor or "level" as most buildings name the first floor above ground as the "2nd" floor which is really not true. The 2nd floor is the 1st level. Now remove the "4's" from the floor naming mix and it's an even wackier mess.

So what are everybody's guesses on what height will be put forth?

I say roughly 850 feet or around 260 metres.

It looks great. I really hope it gets built. I wonder if there really be another Adidas store like the renderings (or Armani, which is absent in Toronto presently)...

RE: Yonge and bloor - 80 stories

I'm going to go with somewhere between 215 - 220 M with this one. My final guess is 218 M. However, I wouldn't object to it being any higher, but I just don't see it for this area .. yet.

Re: RE: Yonge and bloor - 80 stories

andrew hope you are right ! i am guessing 240m

It's the number itself which drives the superstition. Just as long as they don't have to push the number '4' in the elevator, or look at that number on their front door, they're ok.

Why are some people afraid of cats? I don't know, but it doesn't change the fact that many people are.

When you think about it, the 14th floor is really the 12th floor or "level" as most buildings name the first floor above ground as the "2nd" floor which is really not true. The 2nd floor is the 1st level.

That may be the convention on other continents, but I actually think the North American tendency to regard the ground floor as 1 is more logical. The level above ground level is 2, not 1. Otherwise, what would ground level be? 'Zero'?

I'll be a spoiler like on the Price is Right - 1 dollar/210 metres.

That may be the convention on other continents, but I actually think the North American tendency to regard the ground floor as 1 is more logical. The level above ground level is 2, not 1. Otherwise, what would ground level be? 'Zero'?

I did notice at a hospital today the first floor above the lobby was actually "1" (logical!). It's been a while since I've been in an office building to notice if that's a similar practice or not.

This should be fun. Im going to go with 249 metres.

I used to work at Place du Portage in Gatineau. The phase I worked in had escalators leading from the ground floor doors up to the main level, which was level zero. Above that (the third floor) was level one. I have no idea what the actual ground floor was...negative one?

in spite of what Kyle Rae said...I am going long....302 metres...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back