8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
u-d that girl (aka avatar girl)... uhmm she moved to california. -

So I'll have to find another brown skin model to replace her. - I met a fine tanned Romanian at the bar last nite and I'm loving her. I'm going down there again to talk to her tonight. - I told her about my modelling website and she didn't want anything to do with it, she seemed more interested in me .. :)

anyways............

Urbandreamer are you in the same leagues as V of E and IntheKnow, these guys seem loaded to me, and have properties all over the place? Is your stock trading generating enough cash to purchase a luxury condo in yorkville? If I had the cash I would definetly love to purchase here.

Demolition Clause

I have some experiences with respect to demolition clauses.

Many factors factor in:

location-people will understand and almost expect to have demolition clause if the building is located in Yonge and Dundas or Yonge and Finch area for example.

bargaining power also important factor. TD bank will not come in to a building with demolition clause when they have to spend lot of $ to renovate; but on the other hand small retailer may have no choice

I have seen some landlords squeezing monies out of the retailer who was selling his business and the purchaser wanted demol clause out. In one case, $20,000.00 was paid even though the landlord does not have any plan for demolition but inserted the clause claiming Yonge and Finch area, it must have...

Ultimately, it is up to the individual whether to take demol clause and risk or walk away from such lease. But for small businessman, not too much room if you are trying to get into THAT HOT AREA.

A lot of this thread is really offtopic. I'm not a mod, but the leasing argument about other areas in the city needs to be steered back on topic, moved to the appropriate sub-board or dropped all together.

For 1BE, the tenants are moving out. That's it.

What might be an interesting project for somebody with a lot of spare time would be to go back to the earliest threads and find out, for each project, what particular people said about that project's likelyhood-of-being-built / aesthetic-appearance-when-done, and compare what they said to how it turned out.

Then summarize, for each particular person, how all their predictions panned out. I would expect that some posters were way too pessimistic in their predictions. I do know that a lot of people have said that some given project (there are a bunch of them) would never get started, where that project ended up currently U/C or in site preparation / excavation.

Bill

Someone on this forum is gonna be really pissed off when the demolition work begins on 1 Bloor East....but I won't name names.

hehe

:)

Don't be silly! A monkey could get a demo permit. If the leases are up they're up! I have no idea. I had a tenant migrate to me from Roy Sq. when his lease was up years ago (no demo clause!) when this project was under different ownership. I have no idea what the status is of the other tenants though.

My criticism of this project is that the developers are inexperienced, have shown no good faith towards the public, that the project appears to be overrun with overzealous speculators and finally that the design well, sucks.

Trendy figurines aside.

I've heard the suites left are in the million dollar plus range...

And I know of only 2 forumers that could easily afford units...

Are you one of them caltrane? Couldn't you buy the million dollar unit in cash? :D

I wish there was an up to date listing of units and prices in condo developments in Toronto. Sure would make an interesting read. However, we'd still have to make our own deductions on how many units were bought by speculators.

Did that 25 million dollar penthouse buyer ever back out? Its been over 10 days I think, I would think we would have heard about it if he did...

What might be an interesting project for somebody with a lot of spare time would be to go back to the earliest threads and find out, for each project, what particular people said about that project's likelyhood-of-being-built / aesthetic-appearance-when-done, and compare what they said to how it turned out.

Then summarize, for each particular person, how all their predictions panned out. I would expect that some posters were way too pessimistic in their predictions. I do know that a lot of people have said that some given project (there are a bunch of them) would never get started, where that project ended up currently U/C or in site preparation / excavation.

Bill

I completely agree. I'm most fascinated by the potential for 1 Bloor, and have only briefly checked out the message boards for the other condo developments, but there seems to be more animosity towards 1 Bloor, and not just because of the sales tactics and inexperience, but also the design of the building. Am I just one of the minority who really likes the design of the building? I really hope though that they bring back the older rendition where there was a bit of a flare at the top. The effect of the lanais creating the "brick" look at night I find really cool! It really is too bad they do not have a model suite to view. I'd be totally there!

Thanks investor!

I'll keep working on converting you to the 1 Bloor Religion...or at least be a little more optimistic...dare to dream eh? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back