News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ "they" have built most of this city.

I'll do honours of rephrasing for you:

"Canadians" of varying backrounds have built this city.

People with no natural connection to this city, taking the initiative and building bold projects, now that's new. Like I said I've give props to Bazis and other outside developers doing this in the future. If "Canadians" won't do it, or like to whine and sulk about new developments, then maybe we should leave it in the hands of the outsiders to do the dirty work for us. I guess that's the main benefit of being an "International City".

Well, thank God for outsiders then. I've often noticed that almost no one who ever did anything visionary for postwar Toronto was actually born there. It's been the immigrants, whether from within Canada or elsewhere, who have consistently been the city's greatest champions. Almost makes me a bit ashamed to be a born-and-raised Torontonian.

Well, thank God for outsiders then. I've often noticed that almost no one who ever did anything visionary for postwar Toronto was actually born there. It's been the immigrants, whether from within Canada or elsewhere, who have consistently been the city's greatest champions. Almost makes me a bit ashamed to be a born-and-raised Torontonian.

So true!

All the above points are valid regarding foreigners and international contributions to the infrastructure of Toronto.

Which makes me very surprised about the backlash Bazis has gotten from some members of the board simply because they are Kazakh and are trying to establish a reputation in Toronto. They might not be the "safe" choice, like Tridel and Canderel Stoneridge, but they are being bold and dynamic and the buildings they have built in Europe are stunning and if given the chance, they will develop something truly transformative in the downtown core.

Yes, their sales tactics are questionable. But that is another story.

All the above points are valid regarding foreigners and international contributions to the infrastructure of Toronto.

Which makes me very surprised about the backlash Bazis has gotten from some members of the board simply because they are Kazakh and are trying to establish a reputation in Toronto. They might not be the "safe" choice, like Tridel and Canderel Stoneridge, but they are being bold and dynamic and the buildings they have built in Europe are stunning and if given the chance, they will develop something truly transformative in the downtown core.

Yes, their sales tactics are questionable. But that is another story.

Oh please. These guys are hardly a bunch of struggling immigrants FOB looking for a break! At best they are another giant foreign capital syndicate, at worst...

The criticism (beaten to an ugly, painful and unrelenting death) is that they have no readily identifiable track record on the local landscape that would earn them the credibility required for any *legit* developers to believe that they are capable of creating a super-structure on the level of the one proposed. I feel like sometimes people take for granted the enormous skill required to construct a super-tower, on time, on budget, as per drawings and plans. Look at the Trump project in Tampa Bay- sinking into the mud! And I bet the developer there had more experience!

The only thing I'm worried about right now is that the writeup advertised "windowframes of sparkling aluminum", or words to that effect.

...urrrrp!

That's one slick website.

2078941259_cf822be6a3_o.jpg

2078941213_6130d8c6f7_o.jpg

2078941145_e3d6f0fdf4_o.jpg

Dare I say it? ...But I'm starting to fall in Love....:) Maybe this thing will look rather cool after all? Sure it could be bolder, but at least it's not something by Canderal, Daniels, Malibu, and many of those drearily conservative boring Toronto developers....

Michael Gold--can I marry your daughter?;)

And since 'tis the season--why not put a few more fins up there to make that grand gesture: the tallest manorah in the World? Now that's a World class idea!

Andrew3D how do you do the screen capture thing? It looks really cool, I have to admit the video on the 1Bloor website is very slick. The "1" though looks like the previous rendition of the building which IMO was much better. Is it structurally more difficult or expensive to have the flareout at the top that they had before? I think if they put that back in, the "1" would make much more sense and would look much cooler.

The sleekness and height of the tower culminating into the fins make this tower very attractive. I think it will turn out very nice and have no doubt that with this being Bazis North American debut, they will certainly not want to stumble on the very first project. It certainly wont do much for their reputation here.

Just hit your Prt Sc (print screen button) when the video gets to the point you like. Open up photoshop, Open a new file then press Ctrl V (control V) on the file.

That's all it takes.

Eeks, thanks Andrew, wish I was a techie, I don't think I even know where the print screen button is on my keyboard and I don't think I have photoshop...I'll leave the visuals for an expert like you, thanks for the caps, I agree the site is quite impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back