News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in strong agreement here but I do have to make one point. I live downtown and have a dramatic city view from my place. When people come to my home they always comment on "the view" but beyond that the most common comment is about Scotia Bank. Not the CN Tower, Scotia Bank. Always positive comments, sometimes something like "I love the design of that building", "that's my favorate building" etc. so I think it's fair to say that many people who are not architectural enthusiasts do have an eye for something that is well designed and visually pleasing.
Certainly some people will look up and not give 1BE more than a passing glance, but I do believe more people than we give credit for are basically aware of what is outstanding or mediocre architecture.

Yeah, all true. But Scotiaplaza cost over 1 Billion dollars to construct and was paid for by a bank.

Not every project gets this kind of tender loving care from the get-go.

Today's Star repeated Varacalli's promise/threat to trump Trump by growing the roof-top wings to 282 metres (though Bazis doesn't even have approval for any new height yet).

Does anyone know anything about elevation change from King Street to Bloor Street?

Just curious if 282 metres at Y/B is actually closer to heaven than FCP at King/Bay.

Varacalli also says a few metres will be added to the building's distinctive rooftop "wings," to ensure that it's the tallest residential building in the city at 282 metres high.

That would trump the spired Trump tower, which – despite being cut from 70 to 57 storeys this year – claims to be Toronto's tallest planned residential building at 281.88 metres.

^ 3D there certainly is an elevation change... apparently Minto Midtown is higher than FCP at Yonge and Eglinton due to the significant elevation change there.

Does anyone know anything about elevation change from King Street to Bloor Street?

Established Grade

Four Seasons ... 117m
Met ... 100m
Shangri-la ... 88m

Varacalli also says a few metres will be added to the building's distinctive rooftop "wings," to ensure that it's the tallest residential building in the city at 282 metres high. That would trump the spired Trump tower, which – despite being cut from 70 to 57 storeys this year – claims to be Toronto's tallest planned residential building at 281.88 metres.

Trumping Trump by 0.12 m is a f**ken laugh. If he is going to surpass the Trump height, he should atleast do it with a helluvalot more than just 12 ridiculous cm. 12m would be more worthy of such a feat.

It's more in the neighbourhood of 20 odd feet, but your point is well taken. Don't want to affect the profit margin here!

i think he meant a 6m(20ft) increase to the fins,regardless it will look taller than fcp from further away based on those elevation figures.

all jokes aside, it still remains somewhat of a mystery about Trumps final form, losing the 13 floors but still claiming the same height. I am no fan of Bazi's shamelss marketing ploys with 1BE, but I do hope they make Trump look foolish. Ego wars of the 21st century....

They better be really picky with who gets the retail space here. If I see a bank I'm going to be very dissapointed with this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back