News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Investor. At a certain point, I really don't care what the tower looks like. 10 Bellair has some of the best street level uses of any condo in the city. It should be a model to be emulated all around. The tower itself is no masterpiece, but it's as good as most of the other stuff going up. I can't think of a single condo that's gone up in Toronto in years that has any real architectural merit.

I personally think that Context's project in High Park is visually stunning from the back. I'm not an architect but it must have had a high level of design in order to achieve that true tucked into a hill appearance.

It's nothing spectacular to behold from Bloor Street though.

I also like the renderings on the X condo. I love that ode to mies van der rough. The location is definitely a challenge though. Quite honestly I prefer it to Y + B due to its proximity to the ravine and easy access to Mount Pleasant, but on the surface it has some area gentrification to overcome.

So many projects in the GTA look either like Vegas-style imitations of NY or Chicago landmarks.

Thanks for the picture of the machine taking the soil sample, that is something new I've learned, what exactly are they looking for, and in the grand scheme of things, is this a prelude to demolition?

As for the price of 1BE, I've heard anything from 740 dollars to 1000 dollars per square foot. Nobody seems to have any recent updates, but as I've read before on another site, there do seem to be units that have been returned by agents who haven't been able to unload them, so I wonder what that is all about.

i don't know if this has been addressed yet, but I was walking by the site again yesterday and i became curious: does anyone know how they will be treating the Yonge and Hayden Street frontages? We have a good idea what the Bloor Street and north part of the site on Yonge will look like.. but I'm extremely curious (and concerned) about how they will be addressing the other sides that are just as important. I don't recall seeing elevations of the project as of yet.

Actually thats a core drilling machine - they are taking soils samples to determine such things as cost of excavation and bearing capacity.

They are taking soil samples to see what is actually down there. There could be extensive foundations from some long forgotten building that will have to be dealt with.

Anyone go visit the sales center this weekend for an update? If it weren't for the snowstorm I would have gone and checked it out. Are we all sold out? Prices?

Last I heard it was 80%-85% sold with only some of the larger units left. The 1bdrms and other smaller units went very quickly.

Last I heard it was 80%-85% sold with only some of the larger units left.

...until the mysterious "PHASE II NEW RELEASE!" magically appears next month! Basically the strategy is to sell out one floor at a time and create a sense of urgency to buy. Not a new concept in condo marketing.

...until the mysterious "PHASE II NEW RELEASE!" magically appears next month! Basically the strategy is to sell out one floor at a time and create a sense of urgency to buy. Not a new concept in condo marketing.

Investor, that is 80-85% of total units in the project, not a portion of the tower with new units to be released at some point in the future like some other projects. All of the units have been released and only the more expensive larger ones remain available.

I'm not going to lie to you folks, I really don't understand the bitterness and apparent strong feelings that surround the sales of this building. I mean, what someone, anyone, most likely people that will never come to this board, do with their money is irrelevant to me. Perhaps, as my Avatar once said to Gob, "You've ruined the act, Bazis." Or perhaps, as the DA once said about my avatar, "there aren't enough puppets our there like 1BE". Either way, the crazy sales story about this building is just another example of people spending money. Who am I to care about that or to speculate as to the authenticity of the builder's credentials, the buyers' smarts or the markets apparent doom?

I'm an urban geek who likes tall buildings. More so, I like them when they look good. This building is tall and I hope they build it, soon. I don't care if people lose or make money. As far as this building looking good... lets go back a few dozen pages and remind ourselves of that brilliant dialogue.

But alas, this is just my personal opinion only.

^ And now, back to the parade...

That's the only justification I can see for people buying into this at such high prices... the interior finishes have to be above and beyond. According to MikeInTo, they are just decent, but at those prices considering more reliable and better located comparables, I'd be expecting the luxury kohler shit in the bathrooms and other high-end luxury finishes, maybe some new to Toronto, neat computer technologies too.

The technologically advanced toilets are pretty common in high-end condos in East Asia. Also the computer controlled home, through a touch screen in the wall... I read on the Bazis web site they have done that in Kazakhstan. Does the four seasons have this feature?

Just remember that every unit sold at 1 Bloor East could have been potential future sales at better quality projects (cooler skyscrapers for u skyline geeks). Toronto doesn't have infinite capacity to absorb all these high priced units all at once. Sooner or later the well will run dry.

Even if you're just a skyscraper enthusiast, you should be concerned that the market isn't using discretion with regards to lower quality/unproven product.

If you consider yourself a true Toronto skyline fan, then answer this question.

Given that Toronto will be able to support the development of X amount of high-end residential mega projects in the current real estate cycle, is 1 Bloor East something you really want to see at Yonge/Bloor at 800-900ft?

This tower could be as tall as Scotia Plaza, is it aesthetically deserving of such prominence?

If it has 'technologically advanced toilets' ?

Absololutely!!

I love a parade....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back