News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a brief report on the news at six on CBC about the historical society in the building on the 1BE site. They mentioned that Bazis is planning on demolishing in 2 weeks. I'll be sure to put up photo updates once that starts

Not that this is great news that we'll be losing a historical building. But does this mean they actually might have enough in sales to go ahead with construction some time soon? Could Canada's new second tallest be just around the corner (if you include the fins)?

Not losing a historical building as much as an old building that houses the offices of a historical society.

I think you will be seeing demolition at the site by the end of January, and yes, I believe they have enough firm sales to commence...they still need city approval, but I think that is scheduled for sometime this month?

also, here's a render by elliot over at SSC, which really highlights the size of 1 Bloor E....nice job! This will be a very large building....

scale2a.jpg

that just begs now for something to be built on the southwest corner to help transition between 1BE and the shorter towers...

Something about that west face elevation on the inset makes the tower look really good....

i urge everyone to read the first several pages of this thread... it was an interesting mix of "1BE is dead", "we shoudl be cautious with Bazis", and something about terrorism. It's interesting how things change in a year.

Something like this might nice to soften the proliferation of the dreaded rectangles at Yonge/Bloor.

man.jpg

That's one awesome tower... I must add a qualifier to my statement -- whatever is built at the southwest corner must incorporate the existing historic-ish building there... minus the tacky solarium-like third floor.

I like the boxes at Yonge and Bloor.

What would happen to my childhood memories of Bloor and Yonge if all the rectangles and boxes went bye bye in favour of Dubai style curves???

I hate curves (except on women)...

.....boxes rule!!!!

I think you will be seeing demolition at the site by the end of January, and yes, I believe they have enough firm sales to commence...they still need city approval, but I think that is scheduled for sometime this month?

also, here's a render by elliot over at SSC, which really highlights the size of 1 Bloor E....nice job! This will be a very large building....

scale2a.jpg

3D posted this rendering a while ago in this thread.

Something like this might nice to soften the proliferation of the dreaded rectangles at Yonge/Bloor.

man.jpg

3D is the Manulife sign a clue of some kind? :)

3D - that rather looks like it's been held up to a funhouse mirror, and is somewhat suspiciously unstable. Please pass your proposed renderings by the fantasy engineering review panel first.

3D is the Manulife sign a clue of some kind? :)

Wishful thinking ... though I believe my angled mullions may be difficult to swallow for those lacking an adventurous side.

3D posted this rendering a while ago in this thread.

Uptown and Crystal Blue were added to that drawing I posted a while back.

OK Cal..... continuing the game of elevation "add on", here's 4 Seasons relative to 1 Bloor East. This is the 55 storey elevation however I believe the shorter tower is now knocked substantially (25 storeys?) from this elevation.

scale2b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back