News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they were constructing something on the south end of the site this morning. Possibly the construction office? Lots of workers on site too, at least 8-10 when I went by this morning.

Looks like one of the nearby projects under construction might be using the site to build those structures that support concrete floors as a building rises. At least thats what they looked like to me when I walked by.

Looks like one of the nearby projects under construction might be using the site to build those structures that support concrete floors as a building rises. At least thats what they looked like to me when I walked by.

Replying to my own note: After reading back a page or 2, it looks like several others have already made the same brilliant deduction. And I guess "those structures" are called "hoarding".

Looks like scaffolding for the suspended offices

dsc01559h.jpg

Shot with DSC-W35

dsc01558.jpg

Shot with DSC-W35

No it doesn't. The material in the picture is most likely aluminum; construction office scaffolding is almost always constructed from steel (cheaper and stronger).

Not yet folks.

Taller Better from SSC asked one of the workers on site what was happening, and apparently they are using the 1 Bloor site for constructing forms for Crystal Blu and Uptown.

Taller Better from SSC asked one of the workers on site what was happening, and apparently they are using the 1 Bloor site for constructing forms for Crystal Blu and Uptown.
awww man:(. i really thought what they were building had something to do with the project

darnit ..... another 1BE bubble bursted ~ :rolleyes:

Uptown

"Crystal Blu' , I understand, but what Bazis has to do with "Uptown"?

Given that Blu & Uptown are unusually close in proximity I'll bet they've struck more than a few deals as a courtesy to each other to help make life a whole lot easier for each other. I'd suspect this would be another, presuming the above SSC info. is correct.

Ugh, I can see this sight remaining empty for years like what happened at Yonge and Dundas. Strange how these delays happen at the most important intersections of the city.

Yonge and Bloor remaining an eyesore for an extended period of time would be terrible for TO. Too bad it was bulldozed prematurely.

Ugh, I can see this sight remaining empty for years like what happened at Yonge and Dundas. Strange how these delays happen at the most important intersections of the city.

And let's hope that after the long wait, the results won't be as disappointing as with Yonge and Dundas.

And let's hope that after the long wait, the results won't be as disappointing as with Yonge and Dundas.

Hope? That's simply unthinkable!
Another thread with 5,000+ posts filled with vitriol and disappointment is not what we need to happen in Toronto again.

Last edited:
Yonge and Bloor remaining an eyesore for an extended period of time would be terrible for TO. Too bad it was bulldozed prematurely.

Something which is all too familiar a sight and occurrence in Toronto, and has to stop. I think they should not be allowed to demolish unless completely and 100% ready to get the shovels in the ground.

p5

Something which is all too familiar a sight and occurrence in Toronto, and has to stop. I think they should not be allowed to demolish unless completely and 100% ready to get the shovels in the ground.

p5

Bulldozed prematurely perhaps, but this process works on more than just good urbanistic intentions - it works on leases, contracts, etc. I am not suggesting that you don't already know this, but just that the lament in your posts is a little melodramatic considering the circumstances under which it was destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back