News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that would be great - lets homogenize everything so nothing stands out. Sounds exciting.

To each his own. I don't particularily find Mansions of Humberwood, Houston's Williams Tower or the Burg Dubai's dominance great or exciting.

I dunno. Burj Dubai's dominance is pretty exciting, especially because the buildings around it are pretty tall themselves.

I find myself agreeing with the "tall is good camp" for this location. Among many other reasons, it's the crossroads of our two major subway lines and it can handle and deserves the density. Also, and probably most important to me, I like tall buildings in general and like to watch them being constructed in particular.:D

I want this one to stay tall as it is not very often we get something this huge. We lost the Sapphire tower (thank God though), Trump got shortened (still big obviously, but took forever to get started) , and before these, the last biggie was 19 years ago. Height isn't everything, but once in a while, I think it should be and this is one of those rare exceptions given its location.

Project up for sale?

I hate to comment on a rumour, but this one is juicy. A friend who is REALLY in the know told me that One Bloor is up for sale.

A number of interested parties who are big in the condo market are looking at buying it. Not sure who it is, but he said the "big guys" are buying it. Maybe Tridel or Daniels?

The problem is that the site could not get bank financing for their construction loan, and the developer doesn't have the cash to make it happen without a serious chunk of bank debt.

My friend mentioned that the deals would likely fall away as no lender will touch the project without a relaunch.

It is a rumour, but an interesting one.

thanks Hans ... but any 1BE rumours are old news now ... we will all wait and see what the outcome is when Bazis' deadline comes up (June 15 + 31 days = July 16) ... although many of us have an 'expected' answer :rolleyes:

I hate to comment on a rumour, but this one is juicy. A friend who is REALLY in the know told me that One Bloor is up for sale.

A number of interested parties who are big in the condo market are looking at buying it. Not sure who it is, but he said the "big guys" are buying it. Maybe Tridel or Daniels?

The problem is that the site could not get bank financing for their construction loan, and the developer doesn't have the cash to make it happen without a serious chunk of bank debt.

My friend mentioned that the deals would likely fall away as no lender will touch the project without a relaunch.

It is a rumour, but an interesting one.

i hope this is not true ... we will all know for sure in 2 weeks !

if this is true, it could be the death fo 1BE for the moment as i highly doubt they could get the prices and volume of sales as before.

frankly ... I don't expect to see any large scale projects with this many units in the next couple of years as the market recovers ... what I think we'll be seeing is more modest scaled projects with ~250 units (hence shorter bldgs in general)

Who would buy - or more to the point, how could a property be sold which is tangled in the Lehman Bros. mess?

frankly ... I don't expect to see any large scale projects with this many units in the next couple of years as the market recovers ... what I think we'll be seeing is more modest scaled projects with ~250 units (hence shorter bldgs in general)

This location might be nice for a mixed use complex , say 86-88 storey/1000 ft. buildingl comprised of a 30-storey office/50-storey condo over top of a 6-8 storey commercial podium. Anyways lets see what happens with 1 BE, Miracles do happen.

A company called Tricon bought the Lehman Brothers piece. Lehman is no longer involved.

No disrespect Hans, but do you have a source for this information? This is a pretty big story well beyond followers of this thread. I'm curious because if the property has been sold to Tricon and Bazis is unable to get financing to build 1BE, why hasn't this hit the media, why haven't purchasers been notified and why is the sales office still open?

well actually ... I swung by 1 Bloor's sales office this weekend and found that it was closed ... one is supposed to call to 'book an appointment'

In fact, I tried calling the sales office just now and no one was picking up ~ hm.... I wonder ??

Hello everyone,

I have also heard that Tricon Capital is involved now. There is also word that another developer has bought in as well. I know who the developer is but will wait until I get solid confirmation to release their info. There are a few companies involved here now from what I hear (3-4). I hear that they are going to start to break ground in September. But once again, I won't believe anything until I see it.

All I hear is good news that they are going to build and the project won't be cancelled. As soon as I get anything concrete I will share this information as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back