8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What's your opinion of 1 St. Thomas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The part you rapped is a temporary cladding facing the loading dock of an adjacent building on the east side. I assume the concern was garbage trucks would chip actual stone.

the bit i rapped was on the south side right in the centre of the thing. go give it a knock.

Anf if you knock just hard enough, all the cladding will fall off, leaving a Clewes

Or, less likely, from your Avatar.

I went by and knocked, seemed normal to me. I hardly expected 6" of stone since this is cladding not support walls.

Or, less likely, from your Avatar.

Speaking of said avatar, I recently noticed that 1 St Thomas is a little like the Avenue Rd Four Seasons in Deco-Classical drag--similar height, similar whiteness, similar polygonal bays and balconies...

I thought Avenue Rd 4 Seasons was Brutalist? I don't see any finely executed classic references. Are you referring to another building?

You've upstaged yourself. You're wrong in your assumption and observation.

And you're also wrong to assume your judgements are more valid simply because they go against the crowd.

However, I do appreciate your effort to reply to my postings in plain english, sometimes you're a little impenetrable (your communication, I mean)

That's where my "in Deco-Classical drag" reference kicks in.
Yesterday 10:25 AM

Ok, so if 1 St. Thomas is modern brutalism in drag. hmmm. Then, maaaybe modernism is just deco in a big box. With no bow.

To everyone who knocked on it, I salute you. I guess the cladding is a titch thicker than I originally thought. But still not solid, like brick or stone. Which was a surprise to me. Guess I need to out more. And knock on things.

May 20th

One St. Thomas contrasted with trees. Looks mighty fine.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back