News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm curious about 55 Lake Shore 1 & 2 towers . Aren't they at 89 storeys at a hieght of 997 feet or 304 metres per building . That's what I've seen on the web sight of Skyscraper Page in the Toronto's diagram section.

Last edited:
I'm curious about 55 Lake Shore 1 & 2 towers . Aren't they at 89 storeys at a hieght of 997 feet or 304 metres per building . That's what I've seen on the web sight of Skyscraper Page in the Toronto's diagram section.

The numbers for those are from the Skyscraper Center, so probably out of date considering the latest architectural plans were uploaded Dec 29. I'll take a look and make some corrections.

Also, @interchange42 is there a thread for 55 Lake Shore? There's one for Block 1 (LCBO Tower; 100 Queens Quay W) but not for the other blocks from what I can see...

Today's photo of the day features 9 buildings on the 120m list.

VVasDk9.png

24471-85031.jpg

The numbers for those are from the Skyscraper Center, so probably out of date considering the latest architectural plans were uploaded Dec 29. I'll take a look and make some corrections.

Also, @interchange42 is there a thread for 55 Lake Shore? There's one for Block 1 (LCBO Tower; 100 Queens Quay W) but not for the other blocks from what I can see...
We haven't spilt that up into multiple threads yet, no. Will do soon.

We haven't spilt that up into multiple threads yet, no. Will do soon.

Awesome. I have updated the sheet too based on the architectural plans; Menkes 55 Lakeshore Towers B, C, F, G and D are listed as 304.1, 304.1, 264.5, 264.5 and 255.1 metres, respectively. That would put those 5 towers within Toronto's 20 tallest towers if they don't get chopped through the planning process. The LCBO Tower is set at 118m, just missing the list cutoff.

Thanks for putting this together!
Can I make two suggestions?
  1. Replace "Topped" with "Topped out"
  2. Water's Edge status should be "Proposed" rather than "Construction". Even though small part of its parking garage has been constructed together with adjacent Cove development, Water's Edge itself has not entered sales to-date.

I would consider dumping skyscrapercenter for skyscraperpage. Skyscraperpage's data is more extensive than Emporis.

Update: Districts have been added (Toronto-East York; Etobicoke-York; North York; Scarborough). This is preliminary to my ultimate goal: adding a neighbourhoods column. Thing is, the City's definition of neighbourhoods is much different and less fine grained than what I imagine an average Torontonian and UT'er would identify with. This will take a bit more work.

Can I ask a noob question - why are all the tallest buildings all going to about 1000 feet and not beyond - is there some city guideline that they don't want anything poking out beyond surrounding buildings? Seems like an odd policy if there is one, because there's plenty of indiscriminately plopped-down spires around - from Aura to One Bloor East to those two twin eyesores in the Distillery district.. Seems like developers just hop over to the OMB whenever the city poo-poo's something they don't like, so I would've thought some developer would try for something quite a bit higher than 1000 feet by now..

Can I ask a noob question - why are all the tallest buildings all going to about 1000 feet and not beyond - is there some city guideline that they don't want anything poking out beyond surrounding buildings? Seems like an odd policy if there is one, because there's plenty of indiscriminately plopped-down spires around - from Aura to One Bloor East to those two twin eyesores in the Distillery district.. Seems like developers just hop over to the OMB whenever the city poo-poo's something they don't like, so I would've thought some developer would try for something quite a bit higher than 1000 feet by now..

Developers for the most part don't care about an arbitrary number like 1000ft. It's more profitable for them to build lower than that.

Revised heights to report for 4800 Yonge: 168.4 metres, or 552.352 feet, and Velocity at the Square of 123 metres, or 402 feet.

Artists' Alley dBase file updated. Only the tallest of the three towers tops 120 metres, at 414 feet to the top of the mechanical penthouse parapet.

Back