News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Developers for the most part don't care about an arbitrary number like 1000ft. It's more profitable for them to build lower than that.

Is it out of the question then that Toronto could see a tower in the ultra tall category? Could you see that happening in the next ten years under any circumstances? The city is becoming very tall - which I love - and a brilliant hub for many activities including financial industries, education, medicine, research. Is the city 'big enough' to attract development like this?

Is it out of the question then that Toronto could see a tower in the ultra tall category? Could you see that happening in the next ten years under any circumstances? The city is becoming very tall - which I love - and a brilliant hub for many activities including financial industries, education, medicine, research. Is the city 'big enough' to attract development like this?

Look at the list. One is over 1000 and four are just below and close enough. Shows they are about to happen.

I have much respect for those who work on the Growth to Watch For series. It must be quite a feat to go through hundreds of developments all over the city and report on them. I enjoy reading those articles, and always look forward for the next one to come out.

Thanks for that @salsa! Greg and Julian have been putting in a ton of work, but there are other people working behind the scenes to help pull it all together too. Setting it up this year as a path to gradually follow through the city should bring the workload down a bit in future years, and it will be good to be able to say at the end of this series that for the first time, we'll have covered the entire 416!

As we go through the whole 416 gradually for the Growth To Watch For series, everything is getting looked at again, and that means we're trying to update as many dataBase files as possible, create others where there's enough info, etc. It will probably keep growing at a good clip over the next month as well!

Update: Districts have been added (Toronto-East York; Etobicoke-York; North York; Scarborough). This is preliminary to my ultimate goal: adding a neighbourhoods column. Thing is, the City's definition of neighbourhoods is much different and less fine grained than what I imagine an average Torontonian and UT'er would identify with. This will take a bit more work.
What about a "Ward" category?

I know the Ward boundaries are sorta arbitrary, but they are relevant to us politically to certain extent.

Is there a reason half the headers are cut off or is it just me? I can't resize the columns.

Back