News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

“The premier asked me to take another crack at it, so I agreed,†Mr. Milczyn said.

Nobody else find this an amusing choice of words.

I do wonder at times how many people voted for NDP/PC during the bi-election as a "statement" vote, but in full knowledge that it won't change the balance of power but just to make a statment. Now during a general election you are vote for the leader as well and not just a statement. I know both PC and NDP during bi-elections have pushed the line "Even if you like the liberal/Wynne, vote against them in bi-election and with us just to make a statement" Now you can't really say that.

Ward 11 finally has another candidate for councillor.

Candidate
Nomination Date
Correces, Gilbert 06 May 2014
Nunziata, Frances14 Jan 2014

Who is Gilbert Correces?

He did. I'm just saying that the vote was really close, which gives me reason to hope that he will not win this time.

I'm hearing from people all around South Etobicoke that Doug Holyday has done a good enough job over the course of the last several months to warrant re-election.

Personally ... I don't think it'll be all that close.

Last edited:
Ward 11 finally has another candidate for councillor.

Candidate
Nomination Date
Correces, Gilbert 06 May 2014
Nunziata, Frances14 Jan 2014

Who is Gilbert Correces?

I dunno, but ...

... from what I can remember being told from a former Italian-Canadian boss ... if your Italian last name ends with a vowel, you're more than likely from Southern Italy, and if your last name ends with a consonant, you're more than likely from Northern Italy (pretty sure I have that correct), so ... this one has the potential to be a fight of Old Country proportions!

Last edited:
I dunno, but ...

... from what I can remember being told from a former Italian-Canadian boss ... if your Italian last name ends with a vowel, you're more than likely from Southern Italy, and if your last name ends with a consonant, you're more than likely from Northern Italy (pretty sure I have that correct), so ... this one has the potential to be a fight of Old Country proportions!

If he's the same Gilbert Correces I found on Facebook, he's Filipino, not Italian.

Doug Holyday can't win. He's washed up AND he's got the Ford taint. I could be wrong though. Apparently, Etobicoke can be quite the messed up place.

Holyday has the advantage of running under the PCPO banner. If lawn signs are any indication, Holyday crushes this election. Holyday signs are currently significantly more present than Liberal or NDP.

Domise, Andray 2 22 Apr 2014 speakup@andraydomise.ca (647) 556-5924 andraydomise.ca ?

That's the guy. Andray Anthony Domise is a tremendous candidate who I believe will do great things for that ward. He's very invested in the community at understands the nuances and needs of the whole ward.

Disclosure: I am working on his campaign.

I just read that Jane Farrow has entered the race! She has such a diverse background, and she has worked in city hall. She helped brek RoFo majority hold on coalition, when he wanted to cut parks and libraries etc, so she already is a hero!

I just read that Jane Farrow has entered the race! She has such a diverse background, and she has worked in city hall. She helped brek RoFo majority hold on coalition, when he wanted to cut parks and libraries etc, so she already is a hero!

Ward 30 and against Paula Fletcher.

Ward 30 and against Paula Fletcher.

That'll be a great race. Liz West nearly beat Fletcher last time around but I can bet Rob Ford's endorsement of her in 2010 will come back and haunt her in uber-urbane Riverdale and Leslieville. Jonathan Goldsbie thinks Farrow and Fletcher will split the left vote and let West slip in but I think he's underestimating just how much progressive vote there is to share in Ward 30. I think Fletcher's camp was caught off guard by West's momentum in 2010 and will be better prepared this go around.

Last edited:
Even though I am a believer that turn-over in politics is a good thing, I was never fully impressed with Fletcher and she has been around since 2003. But Hollywood Liz West is not the answer. She would be a disaster.

Even though I am a believer that turn-over in politics is a good thing, I was never fully impressed with Fletcher and she has been around since 2003. But Hollywood Liz West is not the answer. She would be a disaster.

Liz West pretty much epitomizes why I stopped watching City/Citypulse/CP24 years ago. The complete dumbing-down of broadcast news, as in newsreaders who literally do not understand what they are reading aloud, to the point of actually getting words wrong.

Back