News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

So in addition to Yen, the other candidates for Ward 20 as per Wikipedia are:

Candidate Ward 20 Nomination Date

Cameron, George 22-Apr-14
Monaghan, Michael 10-Jan-14
Morrison, Philip 2-Jan-14
Wright, Nick 21-Jan-14

Wright was the founding leader of the Nova Scotia Green Party. Don't know anything about the others.

I would imagine Vaughan has so much stroke that is he endorsed whoever they could probably win.

He just put his hat in yesterday. I think he was endorsed by Ford last time. A Ford ally who is connected to the entertainment district. Shocking.

I wonder if police-horse poo is one of his issues again this time around.

Shouldn't this talk about Vaughan be hived off on to a new thread, since he is now pretty clearly *not* running for council?
There's nothing stopping him running for council after the election. He'll still have 2-3 months to start running for council afterwards. Presumably all pending by-elections will be done together, and they have to announce the first one (Macleod) within 2 weeks.

Which means the Ontario ones will start with the provincial election ongoing ...

Last edited:
reporterdonpeat 4:27pm via Web
Cllr Peter Milczyn tells me he's running provincially for the Liberals in Etobicoke-Lakeshore.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...re-eyes-rematch-with-holyday/article18474206/

The upcoming provincial race will feature a rematch of last year’s clash between two former Toronto city council allies.

Councillor Peter Milczyn told The Globe and Mail he’s seeking the Liberal nomination to run again in Etobicoke-Lakeshore after losing to former council colleague Doug Holyday, the Progressive Conservative candidate, in a by-election last year.

The long-time councillor said that Premier Kathleen Wynne convinced him to run again during a phone call about a month ago and then a follow-up in-person conversation after a Toronto Region Board of Trade speech on April 14.

“The premier asked me to take another crack at it, so I agreed,” Mr. Milczyn said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...re-eyes-rematch-with-holyday/article18474206/

The upcoming provincial race will feature a rematch of last year’s clash between two former Toronto city council allies.

Councillor Peter Milczyn told The Globe and Mail he’s seeking the Liberal nomination to run again in Etobicoke-Lakeshore after losing to former council colleague Doug Holyday, the Progressive Conservative candidate, in a by-election last year.

The long-time councillor said that Premier Kathleen Wynne convinced him to run again during a phone call about a month ago and then a follow-up in-person conversation after a Toronto Region Board of Trade speech on April 14.

“The premier asked me to take another crack at it, so I agreed,†Mr. Milczyn said.

It looks like we have found a loophole that needs closing.

It was questioned quite a bit whether someone should be able to run for a Provincial (or Federal) seat and retain their job as councillor - only taking a leave of absence. I suppose this is debatable, but is allowed. But to do the same thing twice in the same year seems completely unethical - I imagine if voters are paying attention and care about personal integrity, Mr. Milczyn will not come close to winning this riding - and then continue to collect his paycheck as Councillor.

I would love to see that Ford apologist Doug Holyday ousted from Queens Park. We'll see. He barely won last time, and this time Rob Ford is not there to help.

Doug Holyday can't win. He's washed up AND he's got the Ford taint. I could be wrong though. Apparently, Etobicoke can be quite the messed up place.

Etobicoke-Lakeshore defeated Iggy in the last federal election for a no-name Conservative. York West and any Etobicoke ridings lean right, electing odd and occasionally offensive candidates.

Doug Holyday can't win. He's washed up AND he's got the Ford taint. I could be wrong though. Apparently, Etobicoke can be quite the messed up place.

Though unlike the Fords, Doug Holyday's well-behaved.

Some possible candidates I've heard floated for ward 20: Karen Sun, possibly Joe Cressy if the by-election happens sooner rather than later.

It looks like we have found a loophole that needs closing.

It was questioned quite a bit whether someone should be able to run for a Provincial (or Federal) seat and retain their job as councillor - only taking a leave of absence. I suppose this is debatable, but is allowed. But to do the same thing twice in the same year seems completely unethical - I imagine if voters are paying attention and care about personal integrity, Mr. Milczyn will not come close to winning this riding - and then continue to collect his paycheck as Councillor.

Would your employer do the same? Even if your family owns it or not? Or would your employer keep you on as you campaign after work? Would your employer take you back if you lose the election?

Etobicoke-Lakeshore defeated Iggy in the last federal election for a no-name Conservative. York West and any Etobicoke ridings lean right, electing odd and occasionally offensive candidates.

Iggy was beat because he was the absentee M.P. for Etobicoke—Lakeshore.

With a solid Grit candidate, Bernard Trottier is more than beatable next year.

Last edited:

Apparently?

Bah ...

Etobicoke's a wonderful place.

Hopefully you can make it all the way out here one of these days.

I would love to see that Ford apologist Doug Holyday ousted from Queens Park. We'll see. He barely won last time, and this time Rob Ford is not there to help.

Even at that time, I think Holyday won despite Fords endorsement - not because of it.

Back