News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Andray Anthony Domise is running for Ward 2.

He wrote this article for the Huffington Post recently that I enjoyed reading: Rob Ford's Answer to Being a Racist? "It's Complicated"

I've heard good things about him from people on Reddit. Hopefully he beats out Mike Ford in Ward 2.

Also I'd be wary of thinking Ward 2 is unanimously Ford Nayshun. There are a lot of parts of Etobicoke who are equally embarrassed by Ford's political existence as the rest of us and are as a result, now probably some of the most politically aware neighborhoods in the city.

Luke LaRocque is also running in Ward 2, and could also be a good councillor, but I'm really liking Domise so far.

I'm also following Keegan Henry-Mathieu in Ward 7. He'd be a refreshing change from Mammo.

Last edited:
How about everyone likes freedom for themselves and rules for others. .

Haha so true. I always try to figure out people who hate big government and bureaucrats wants every bicycle licence in the city.

It's reminds me of the great George Carlin quote " Have you ever noticed that their stuff is sh*t and your sh*t is stuff?"

Though DMW had a tighter-than-expected race in 2010 (53.4% vs Peter Youngren's 39.6%)

I disliked that he had seemingly turned into a Ford lackey, but he did call out Rob for his false Sugar Beach claim.

I disliked that he had seemingly turned into a Ford lackey, but he did call out Rob for his false Sugar Beach claim.

But recall it was Minnan-Wrong who started ranting about Sugar Beach while Ford was still allegedly in rehab. DMW started it.

But recall it was Minnan-Wrong who started ranting about Sugar Beach while Ford was still allegedly in rehab. DMW started it.

Yes, and now he is posting pics in front of a bathroom to highlight supposed waste of money.

I really don't understand what Minnan-Wong's play is here. Why is he all of a sudden going after waterfront projects that are already several years old? If it was earlier in the year, I'd guess that he was planning a run for mayor. But I don't see how this strategy is going to matter to his re-election campaign up in Don Valley East: a moderate, midtown ward.

Perhaps he's just practicing for next year when Mayor Chow kicks him off all the major committees and publicity stunts will be his only means of political influence.

I really don't understand what Minnan-Wong's play is here. Why is he all of a sudden going after waterfront projects that are already several years old? If it was earlier in the year, I'd guess that he was planning a run for mayor. But I don't see how this strategy is going to matter to his re-election campaign up in Don Valley East: a moderate, midtown ward.

Perhaps he's just practicing for next year when Mayor Chow kicks him off all the major committees and publicity stunts will be his only means of political influence.

I'd love to see a reporter go through Minnan-Wong's ward and see how much certain infrastructure improvements - like park benches - cost.

"$1000 for a hurricane-grade, drill-mounted, powder-coated stainless steel bench? Hell, my pappy said there are two lawn chairs on sale at Wal-Mart for $25!"

Minnan-Wong and Ford are not only twisting this into a pocket book issue, they are trying to turn it into a spolied downtown vs. downtrodden burbs issue.

Yes, and now he is posting pics in front of a bathroom to highlight supposed waste of money.

That bathroom went over budget because of no sewer connects, requiring a septic tank. Of course, with DMW leading the works department, which includes sewers, he didn't help with making sewer connections.

Minnan-Wong and Ford are not only twisting this into a pocket book issue, they are trying to turn it into a spolied downtown vs. downtrodden burbs issue.

I've gotten into fights with suburbanites (I used to be one myself) who complain about downtown getting all of the investment. Of course, whenever new investment is proposed in the suburbs (i.e. LRTs, Eglinton Connects, tower renewal, even new community centres) they immediately oppose it because it's going to (in their view) ruin the quality of the neighbourhood.

Back