News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I just got a flyer from my councillor (Michael Thompson) for his re-election campaign. He is a good guy and has my vote.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 35s
BREAKING Cllr Gloria Lindsay Luby is not running for council again #TOpoli

Oh my god, thank you!! About time this blatant opportunist effed off. I live in ward 4 and I've never liked her slimy, unprincipled nature. She never stood for anything and always just said what she felt would best get her re-elected, such as when she battled the Humbertown plaza redevelopment (disgusting). Only problem is that the ward will probably elect some right-wing asshole who's even worse.

Maybe I should run?

It's a shame about Ward 4. John Campbell is one of the anti-LTT candidates (along with such luminaries as Vincent Crisanti and Gus Cusimano). If the anti-LTT crowd could come up with reasonable alternatives to raise the same revenue, I might have time for them.

Is John Campbell running in ward 4 this time? If I remember correctly, Rob Ford endorsed him in 2010 and he lost to GLL by literally a handful of votes. For that reason alone he's not getting my vote.

Doug Holyday's son has registered to run for council in Ward 3.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 16m
Doug Holyday's son Stephen Holyday has registered to run for council in Ward 3 (his dad's old seat) #TOpoli

Holy crap, I went to grade school with that guy. He was a bit of an arrogant geek back then - I hope for his sake that he's changed over the years.

Is John Campbell running in ward 4 this time? If I remember correctly, Rob Ford endorsed him in 2010 and he lost to GLL by literally a handful of votes. For that reason alone he's not getting my vote.

Yes. There is also Angelo Carnevale who seems to be part of the R Ford slate
Neils Christensen of the HVVRA who is endorsed by GLL
Rosemarie Mulhall who has lost in the past to Suzan Hall Ward 1 and Frances Nunziata Ward 11...she seems to be a tubthumper...gets knocked down but keeps getting up...
There are another three competing for the seat....You might want to take a look at www.choicestorm.com ward 4 for additional info....

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 24s
Councillor David Shiner has registered to run for re-election #TOpoli

FYI

Looks like Ward 23 is going to be race afterall what with protests in front of Filion's office demanding him to resign...maybe that grassroot frustration will seep next door to Ward 24 too and bring Shiner's run to end.....

I was searching TMMIS over the weekend trying to gauge the Councillors most involved in City Council meetings...
I took a look at open session attendance but that is really a publicity thing all Councillors want to be present as much as possible at the start of sessions particularly mornings and afternoons (evenings to lesser degree)...so I put that aside
Second I looked at closed sessions you know the "Star Chamber" where all thing confidential are discussed...and came to to the same conclusion as above
I then took a look at Vote Records but that is a dog's breakfast given R Ford's edict of everything had to be recorded, so inconsequential things such as extended time, speaker challenges on record boosting the number...so I bypassed that

I decided arguably the most definitive way of gauging Councillors active partcipation with the comings and goings on the floor was Roll Calls...they are in effect quorum calls and you get a good idea who is in there listening and making informed pragmatic decisions...
There were 106 Roll Calls up to the past July meeting...Please a have look to see how often your councillor was in their seat

Holyday/Leon 100 of 103
Matlow 98
Nunziata 98
Perks 98
Doucette 96
MMM 91
Carroll 88
Davis 83
Vaughan/Ceta R 82 of 101
Augimeri 79
FDG 79
Layton 79
K W-T 77
MDG 76
Ainslie 75
McConnell 75
Lee 73
Mihevc 73
Crisanti 72
Kelly 71
Crawford 69
G L-L 69
Parker 69
Fletcher 68
Cho 66
Fragedakis 66
Milczyn/Maloney 65 of 105
Bailao 64
GdeB 62
Berardinetti 61
Palacio 61
Pasternak 60
Colle 58
Grimes 58
Perruzza 57
Robinson 56
Filion 55
Shiner 55
D Ford 51
Stintz 51
Thompson 49
D W-M 47
R Ford 45
Mammoliti 34
Moeser 32

Any suprises?

Last edited:
I can't believe she picked that ward to run in. There are plenty of others where she'd have a better chance.

Back