News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Joe Mihevc added me to my LinkedIn profile.

He really liked my Eglinton Crosstown LRT assignment I sent to him.

Not to denigrate any of the awesome work you do against Ford, but how does this relate to the Council Elections? Regardless, I'm wondering if Ford will eventually put out a slate of councillors he would like elected, or if he's going to focus solely on getting elected.

Not to denigrate any of the awesome work you do against Ford, but how does this relate to the Council Elections? Regardless, I'm wondering if Ford will eventually put out a slate of councillors he would like elected, or if he's going to focus solely on getting elected.
It makes me one step closer to helping out Joe Mihevc (or another city councillor of my liking) save the city.

We all should be volunteering to ensure this Ford guy is thrown out of office...
It is a great use of taxpayer's money to ensure democracy (and good governance) wins, as it costs almost nothing to hire volunteers (aside from food and city-branded clothing of course).

Did everyone forget about ROBocalls that came with the last Scarborough subway debate? Apparently they are cheap, RoFo can blast the Wards where he wants his latte sipping pinkos and foes removed in favor of the candidates of his choice.

That's quite the fantasy. Democracy isn't limited to your prefered outcome.

Given what Ford's come to signify, so-called fantasy can be closer to reality than you realize. And democracy isn't limited to *your* preferred outcome as well--if we accept "the right to riot/protest" being part of said democracy....

I thought it might be worth posting this link for access to up-to-date lists of who is running in each ward: http://app.toronto.ca/vote/myVote.do

So far there's only two candidates listed for my area, Ward 17, Saeed Selvam and George Stevens. Looks like Selvam was interviewed on Metro Morning today, and a quick skim of his campaign website tells me that I'm in agreement with him on at least some local issues compared to Palacio (e.g., how to address community concerns about the methadone clinic). However, I haven't found out much about Stevens - does anyone with stronger google fu have a link to a website or other information about him?

Back