News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

So, this guy just registered to run in Ward 7 against Giorgio Mammoliti:

Keegan Henry-Mathieu
@Keeganhm

BjBLm-5CQAEp-UM.jpg

yesterday, he posted
Keegan Henry-Mathieu ‏@Keeganhm 14h
Funny. It's after 11am and no sign of Giorgio. Or his staff. Now look who's sleeping on the job #TOpoli #ward7 pic.twitter.com/MG32r7lCGF

after this post, there was an exchange with a "Mr F" @MrFToronto -- who wanted to know how he got in there. "Mr F" has only 8 tweets, all of them in some way defending Mammoliti (two from last year).

So... "MrF" is Giorgio's secret twitter account, right? ;)
(sure sounds like him with that "did your NDP pals get you in here?")

ETA: Ward 7 now has 5 candidates
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...son-now-joins-ward-7-york-west-election-race/

Well one thing is for certain, that ward deserves better than Mammoliti. Here's to hoping they have the brains to vote him out.

Ward 9 is looking interesting:

There's Maria Augimeri, who has represented that ward since she was a North York councillor. A left-leaning councillor and current Chair of the TTC. She isn't the sharpest progressive councillor, though. She's always been on the Fords' hit list.

There's Gus Cusimano, who nearly won in 2010, and was the Ford-backed candidate. He pled guilty to a breach of the elections act, had some really questionable things show up in an expenses audit and has Lorne Honickman as his legal council, who is about as qualified as Dennis Morris.

There's Anthony Fernando, who ran in 2010 as well, and is backed by Karen Stintz.

Finally, there's Danny Quattrociocchi, who also ran in 2010.

The anti-Augimeri vote split several ways, allowing her to win despite Ford winning the ward handily.

Fletcher has been flaunting Rob Ford's endorsement of Liz West back in 2010. I bet you that will come back to haunt West in uber urbane Riverdale.

I think Liz West can do a pretty good job of harming her own chances all by herself ...

In Ward 11, still as of today, Rob Ford's lapdog, Frances Nunziata, is still the only candidate. Acclamation?

So far, only Ward 8 (Thomas Barclay), Ward 11 (Frances Nunziata), Ward 15 (Ahmed Belkadi), Ward 21 (Joe Mihevc), Ward 22 (Josh Matlow), Ward 24 (Dan Fox), Ward 25 (Jaye Robinson), Ward 26 (David Sparrow), Ward 40 (Norm Kelly), Ward 41 (Chin Lee) as listed as single Councillor candidates.

Well one thing is for certain, that ward deserves better than Mammoliti. Here's to hoping they have the brains to vote him out.

Keegan was school president at my middle school. I believe he also was involved with the Toronto Youth Cabinet. Always seemed like a smart and savvy guy.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1h
Formidable challenger Alejandra Bravo has just registered to take on Cesar Palacio in council's Ward 17.

That's good news. A spark vs. deadwood. She ran in W14, I believe, in 06. Unsure if against Perks or Saundercook.

I got to meet Bravo this week to discuss a project I am involved in. She's really committed and knowledgeable. She'd be a great asset for Toronto City Council and the best representation Ward 17 could ask for.

I wonder is D Ford going to go off on the big spenders of the General Office Account as he did on Fragedakis when she set up her office at the East York Centre (14,853.72)...they include two of R Ford's favorites and two of his targeted ten
Perruzza 49,329.52
Mammoliti 43,398.74
Mihevc 21,332.81
Moeser 18,471.65
DiGiorgio 16,727.49
Wong-Tam 15,596.24

And by the token will he give a pat on the back to the scrimpers including one Ford favorite and three of the targeted ten
Doucette 759.23
Milczyn 1,175.05
Vaughan 1,186.06
Nunziata 1,196.64
Layton 1,383.45

Is R Ford going to have the coattails to return Crisanti back to council?
Is Leon going to keep his word or pull an Ainslie?
Is there going to be an alternative to the the biggest spender on Council (Perruzza in Ward 8 @ 77,770.56)?
Will Keegan Henry-Mathieu have the stuff to beat the second biggest spender on Council (Mammoliti Ward 7 @64,895.77)?
Can Nick Dominelli finally break through in Ward 12 (Frank DiGiorgio)?
Are Gloria Lindsay-Luby, Maria Augimeri, David Shiner, Raymond Cho and Ron Moeser finally going to retire?
Will Liz West scoop Ward 30 from from Paula Fletcher given the gentification and demo changes in the ward?
Will Cadigia Ali make another run at Ward 2?
Hey that is 1/4 of Council, all these questions and more to be answered over the next seven months....

Cho's going provincial.

Yes when a provincial election is called...bare with me now... say against all odds the Libs scrape through a budget this spring that for all intents and purposes means they can run their administration to the next mandated election date in Oct 2015...Will Cho refrain from running in Ward 42 knowing that scenario or if he does, does the electorate give him a good whack and not reelect him knowing there would be a byelection on the horizon if they did

Back