News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Oh, c'mon ... Nick's not THAT bad.

I know for a fact his wee sons means a great, great deal to him.

He's a good family man.
Then why would he support a racist bigot like Rob Ford?

If you knowingly support a bigot, you are a bigot. And there's no doubt that Kouvalis was well aware of what he was dealing with. The man might be an immoral pathological liar - but he's not stupid.

Also, what about Nick Kouvalis's history of unethical activities? The man is shit.

Last edited:
How exactly would such a law be enforced? Door-to-door searches?
Who gives a damn. That' s not city policy, nor is anyone proposing it be so.

I don't understand the over-reaction about this. Other premiers and mayors have in the past called for the same thing for large urban cities. It's a minor no-brainer that no one should object to. It's simply a motherhood statement ...

Chow's people are simply trolling for a negative reaction from Tory. And they got it. Why are people so willing to play into Chow's hand of painting Tory as a right-wing freak?

Last edited:
The love for David "Shrill" Soknacki in this thread is so over the top and silly.

MOST of you only like him because he opposes a 3-stop subway extension in Scarborough.

He's the most progressive self-described conservative that I've EVER come across.

Shameless pandering to Toronto's progressives.

The Nenshi comparisons need to END.

I don't understand why others don't see this.

Can't speak for Kinsella ... though he certainly comes across like a nutter.

But are you really suggestion that Rob Ford isn't a sociopath?

I can safely say I know the Ford's better than most here, and even I don't know if he is.

It's not really something I think about.

There's no question he's a troubled, disgusting human being ... still, though ... I have no way of knowing if ANY of them are sociopaths.

I can safely say I know the Ford's better than most here, and even I don't know if he is.
You know the Ford's what? Their thoughts? Their platform?

We're talking sociopath here, not psychopath. Tendency to commit antisocial acts - check. Failure to feel guilt for such acts - check.

Not sure how this is even a discussion.

The love for David "Shrill" Soknacki in this thread is so over the top and silly.

MOST of you only like him because he opposes a 3-stop subway extension in Scarborough.

He's the most progressive self-described conservative that I've EVER come across.

Shameless pandering to Toronto's progressives.

Examples?

Even if he is the most 'progressive' (I'm assuming you mean progressive in a bad way) of the (self-described) conservative candidates, the other conservative candidates aren't too appealing either.

She does have the power to ask the federal government to pass laws banning hand guns in certain areas.

Seems like a non-controversial no-brainer that no one would ever object to. Nod yes, and move on.

Which to me seems to be pandering. Is she going to come out against crime as well?

I've always had that career politician vibe from Chow and I can't shake it off.

I'm sorry, how do you know they're sociopaths?

You don't.

Judgement of their actions in the public domain perhaps? Quote Def: "Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others." If you want a more clinical diagnosis, perhaps you should refer them to the shrinks - but then again I doubt you come to UT to consult the DSM.

It's not really something I think about.
There's no question he's a troubled, disgusting human being ... still, though ... I have no way of knowing if ANY of them are sociopaths.

Oh please, try harder - if you can lop around labels like "progressives", "conservatives" and the like without "knowing them", then you certainly wouldn't have any issue calling someone sociopathic without doing the same.

AoD

Last edited:
The Chow campaign needs to take something into perspective. In one year, there were over 600 homicides in Chicago (Cook County only). There were 600 homicides in all of Canada! Toronto has a relatively low crime rate for being the fourth largest city in North America and as others have said, it is dropping. On a per capita basis, smaller cities like Prince George have more crime.

We're talking sociopath here, not psychopath. Tendency to commit antisocial acts - check. Failure to feel guilt for such acts - check.

Another good litmus test is the inability to feel shame or embarrassment. Even when caught outright, there is no blushing, no sense of "everyone knows I'm lying", nor any ownership of mistakes, transgressions, or awareness of the impact their behaviour has on others (co-workers, friends, family, etc). Most "normal" people, when exposed and humiliated the way Ford has been, would shrink away and surround themselves with those who truly love and care for them. They would try to heal, let things heal or blow over, and work towards reclaiming their dignity. Rob follows a script and his assigned talking points. He does not appear to have the capacity for empathy, shame, or guilt about anything he has done. There is no "normal" reaction as he does not possess the ability to react like a normal human being. He invokes sympathy because he has been so obviously corrupted by his "loved ones" and has the emotional/intellectual capacity of a young boy, but he also invokes disgust as he does nothing to recognize or improve the shitty situation he is in. And no, "fake" rehab does not count.

I've always had that career politician vibe from Chow and I can't shake it off.
She IS a career politician. Would you prefer a man of the people?

I know what you mean ... I'm still waiting for someone I want to vote for jumps in. But with 2 of them polling in low-single digits (or less!), that leaves Tory and Chow. And I can never forgive Tory by hiring Kouvalis. Not to mention his odd LRT and subway promises ... wanting to spend less on transit than the province has already gifted onto the table.

The Chow campaign needs to take something into perspective. In one year, there were over 600 homicides in Chicago (Cook County only). There were 600 homicides in all of Canada! Toronto has a relatively low crime rate for being the fourth largest city in North America and as others have said, it is dropping. On a per capita basis, smaller cities like Prince George have more crime.

That homicide rate could be much much lower. Japan's, Hong Kong, Singapore all have a homicide rate that is 80% lower than Canada's.

Germany, Spain, Denmark, and even Italy are about 50% lower than Canada's rate in 2012.

For some countries with lower murder rates you could say it's just a lack of reporting. That's not really the case for most of the above.

Last edited:

I mean ... I have met and spoke to Rob Ford (both as Cllr. and Mayor) on countless occasions ... whether in person, or on the telephone (both here in Toronto, and when I lived in Kingston for a wee bit). I mean ... I have spoke to Rob Ford's former staff ABOUT Rob Ford (and about lots of other stuff) ... countless times ... whether in person, or through social media, or on the telephone. I mean ... I was once a "member" of Ford Nation ... which allowed me access to him that few of you would believe is true.

It's all in the past, however.

Those days are gone.

Last edited:

Back