News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I can see Prue possibly running for a council seat, but not for anything else. I venture to say he has very low name recognition outside of East York.

The Forum poll that caused all this talk of Chow "faltering" comes from the same pollster that declared the recent Ontario election too close to call. I think the poll oversampled for Ford and Tory, and undersampled for others. Using landlines only is a flawed strategy. Fewer and fewer people have landlines (I only use mine because I have a sweet calling plan). As more than a few people who don't have landlines vote, this makes the numbers suspect. I don't doubt that Chow numbers have not risen that much, but the story can be oversold, especially when the margin of error is included.

I hope that Soknacki, in the event that he does not win, is consulted in some capacity by whoever wins. That brain power needs to be harnessed for the good of the city.

Did anyone else notice the tweet last night "Michael Prue has been at the back of the room all night"/
Could it be that the movers and shakers on the leftside have decided given Chow's less than impressive showing thus far to throw their efforts into registering and running the popular ex-mayor of East York, Toronto Councillor and MPP in the upcoming elction?

I think it's more to do with IIRC Prue himself being a Parkview Hills resident--at a "residents only" debate, the most politically prominent PH resident in the room.

I can see Prue possibly running for a council seat, but not for anything else. I venture to say he has very low name recognition outside of East York.

The Forum poll that caused all this talk of Chow "faltering" comes from the same pollster that declared the recent Ontario election too close to call. I think the poll oversampled for Ford and Tory, and undersampled for others. Using landlines only is a flawed strategy. Fewer and fewer people have landlines (I only use mine because I have a sweet calling plan). As more than a few people who don't have landlines vote, this makes the numbers suspect. I don't doubt that Chow numbers have not risen that much, but the story can be oversold, especially when the margin of error is included.

Regardless, she's letting that poll affect her way too much and and it has shown the past week and a half now. She's off her game and the handgun thing didn't help. She'll still win because no one is paying attention right now.

The Torontoist did a pretty good comic about Forum polling.

repost from the other thread

http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/features/mymayor/entry/10-reasons-to-vote-rob-ford

10 reasons to vote Rob Ford
Story Social Media

Report Typo

Send Feedback
End of Story Social Media
Rob FordRob Ford (Chris Young/CP)

I'll vote for Ford because:

1. He represents the voice for fiscal restraint at City Hall.

2. He supports subways over LRTs.

3. He recognizes that the cars are an important part of the transportation mix in Toronto.

4. He's the only one who will continue to fight for removal of the Land Transfer Tax.

5. He understands that the city can't keep raising taxes beyond the rate of inflation without impoverishing its citizens.

6. He won't put up with elitist sense of entitlement as witnessed at Toronto Community Housing Corporation and cleaned up the corruption.

7. I want him in charge when public sector contracts with bloated pensions and benefits come up for renewal.

8. He understands that his job is to keep Toronto running well and doesn't aspire to representing Toronto on the world stage or areas that are the rightful purview of the provincial and federal government such as youth unemployment. There is no reason for city councillors to travel the world studying how other cities function. Read a book or use technology.

9. He will continue to ferret out ways to reduce the cost of city services.

10. He has a simple common sense approach to city government and the people he represents.

- J Watkins

Back