News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Me too. Having done some canvassing volunteering with the Sok in Etobicoke and other places, I really don't think it is that far-fetched. The people I've spoken to that are politically engaged are already quite fond of Soknacki, and the rest who didn't shove the door at my face, were interested in what Soknacki offered.

That's interesting. The polls show that most Torontonians are aware of Sok. But I suppose there's a difference between merely being aware of a candidate and being aware of his policies.

The one thing I noticed is that Soknacki has a very high approval rating among people who have heard of him, with nearly all already intending to vote for him or would be if Ford wasn't in the race. That is my anecdotal experience, which seems to parallel what the polls say.

My experience is the same. Believe it or not I've yet to meet anyone say that they dislike Soknacki after they've learned about him and his policies. People like his ideas, they like that he's a logical thinker and they like that he isn't pandering like all the other candidates.

Soknacki's campaign needs to work on making people aware of who he is and his ideas. I believe Soknacki's chances will greatly improve if they can do that.

However the campaign is still young and people aren't paying attention, so I'm not expecting much to change anytime soon.

Edit: On second thought,I have met one person who didn't like Soknacki. He chief complaint that Soknacki seems too smart :confused:

Last edited:
There's one person who holds this opinion on this board. Also that he moves his head around too much :)confused:)

Because obviously a candidate who is smart and moves his head around is not fit for office.

I second this.

any debate.jpg

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/493929633914433537

so let's do it... serious. admins / mods... what are your thoughts on an urban toronto hosted debate?

so far there are only 2 debates scheduled for august...

Attachments

• any debate.jpg
    any debate.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 453

A cynical person would probably tell you that the Soknacki approach can’t work. That voters won’t take the time to read through nine-page policy documents and consider reasonable arguments for what it takes to build transit. That voters really just want the slogans and the platitudes.

But I’m not ready to believe that. Not yet. There’s still room in this mayoral race for someone with big ideas. There’s still room for David Soknacki.

if toronto can't handle someone who is smart and full of sound ideas (not that i agree with soks 100%) then i don't know if i can handle toronto anymore.

knowing that 1 in 4 or 5 torontonians prefer the sloganeering etc., is depressing. i'd love to see that number go down to at least 1 in 7 or 8.

please, please, please let this election show me there is still hope for this city... otherwise, i will seriously consider moving.

if toronto can't handle someone who is smart and full of sound ideas (not that i agree with soks 100%) then i don't know if i can handle toronto anymore.

knowing that 1 in 4 or 5 torontonians prefer the sloganeering etc., is depressing. i'd love to see that number go down to at least 1 in 7 or 8.

please, please, please let this election show me there is still hope for this city... otherwise, i will seriously consider moving.

Seriously, if this saga has proved anything to me its that when people say Toronto has a small-city mentality, they might well be right.

Ford brings out the worst in this city

I can't believe the "people" who want his autograph or photo with him, geez it is so embarrassing. I was born at St Mikes, dad worked at GE and mum was a nurse at the Wellesley and look at what this town has become, the Ford baboons can't even walk into a venue without a scuffle. How did they survive infancy? We have got 3 months of this and I 'm not sure I have the stamina to tolerate this crap without snapping.

New soundbite:

Please, please, please!!

I agree. This is the moment were Toronto decides what type of city it wants to be.

Did anyone else notice the tweet last night "Michael Prue has been at the back of the room all night"/
Could it be that the movers and shakers on the leftside have decided given Chow's less than impressive showing thus far to throw their efforts into registering and running the popular ex-mayor of East York, Toronto Councillor and MPP in the upcoming elction?

Back