News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

BvADwKVIEAAjEkI.jpg

https://twitter.com/DavidSoknacki/status/499903685976395776

Attachments

• BvADwKVIEAAjEkI.jpg
    BvADwKVIEAAjEkI.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 446
Raccoon Nation tend to reside more where humans reside, because of the supply of food available. There is less food in the parks and ravines for them, hence the missing turnout of raccoons.

I suspect Socknaki bows out a week or two before the election. The chances of him pulling a Miller or Nenshi-style climb is next to impossible. Outside of the Twitterverse and social media world, Socknaki has failed to enter the mayoral election zeitgeist. It's Ford vs. Tory vs. Chow.

My own no-guts, no-glory prediction? Socks bows out, gains a bit of recognition, and runs for the Trudeau Liberals next year in a Scarborough riding.

Talk at Grano tonight is that a new poll puts Ford AHEAD of Chow and Tory. #yipes #TOpoli
IMO, those polls are useful (and perhaps intended) in driving Chow/Tory supporters to vote. If the polls show that Ford is way back, unmotivated voters may stay home, allowing Ford to squeak through to victory. It's far better for your soft supporters to imagine the enemy at the gates.

In the end I predict that Ford will have an abysmal showing, with about 15% of the vote. Even 20% would be a huge failure from the record 47.1% Ford achieved in 2010. Tory said it best... “No one came to office with more good will than Rob Ford and no one will leave office having exhausted more of that good will than Rob Ford."

As for comments here on a possible Tory-led city being uninspiring, I think it comes down to the team. One thing Tory can do is bring in input from all sides. My hope is that on day one he declares a city wide day of celebration or perhaps reconciliation.

Last edited:
I suspect Socknaki bows out a week or two before the election. The chances of him pulling a Miller or Nenshi-style climb is next to impossible. Outside of the Twitterverse and social media world, Socknaki has failed to enter the mayoral election zeitgeist. It's Ford vs. Tory vs. Chow.

My own no-guts, no-glory prediction? Socks bows out, gains a bit of recognition, and runs for the Trudeau Liberals next year in a Scarborough riding.

Crossing my fingers that he'll do so. He's a darned fine candidate, just not in this election where it's Celebrity all the way. You just don't come to a gun fight with a butter knife.

Maybe it'll just have to be a future election, when the main focus are policies, not character.

He's said again in today's Reddit AMA that he has no intention of dropping out, or in seeking a position at city hall under another mayor.

He's said again in today's Reddit AMA that he has no intention of dropping out, or in seeking a position at city hall under another mayor.

Everybody says that. Stintz was ADAMANT that she would be in the election until election day. Nobody wants to give any indication that they're less than confident that they're going to win the race so even giving consideration to dropping out in any hypothetical situation is an indication of non confidence. Soknacki is already in debt well into the 6 digits. The longer he runs, the bigger his debt gets. He must be looking for the exits at this point.

His odds of winning right now are like an exhausted Maple Leafs coming back from a 5 point deficit with only 2 minutes left in the third period.

I'll give him some credit. I feel an upwards trend building in terms of social media support and volunteer pledges but I don't think he's pulling in the kind of donations that'll allow him to compete when the game really begins after Labour Day. Neither Chow nor Tory have even begun spending any real money. Unless he manages to blow up with momentum in the next 2 weeks and rake in some serious donations, he's going to either drop out or sit quietly in the race without campaigning. The next poll needs to show Soknacki at at least 10%. If it doesn't, he's done. I hope he does the right thing and takes his name off the ballot in time (Sep 12).

New poll still puts John Tory in the lead but shows Ford closing the gap. Olivia Chow sits in third and Soknacki sits with a miserable 4%. Ugh... I REALLY hope this rise of Ford in the polls doesn't lead to a win. I'm rooting for Tory.

Soknacki isn't hurting Tory's chances against Ford. According to this poll he's only at 4%. The dangerous vote split is between Tory and Chow. Those two were supposed to be our certain saviours from Ford, guaranteed winners, even before his last crack-smoking, racist, run away to phoney rehab episode. Tory and Chow are hurting their own chances against Ford. If neither of them can get their act together well enough to defeat this piggish fool then they don't deserve to be Mayor. Soknacki is trying to bring attention to real city concerns. And, for the Anybody But Ford vote maybe a necessary safety valve, being as certainly Tory and probably Chow have potential to self-destruct if they were the only ones left running against Ford.

Back