News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Wow, Tory's destroying Ford in this debate. He seems to have figured out how to make Ford's bluster look silly instead of sincere.

Agreed! He's killing Ford with a deft and light touch. Impressive. Tory is actually destroying everybody. He's winning this debate hands down.

Kinsella doesn't know when to shut up. It's really astounding. He's been at the forefront of a totally disastrous campaign that took his candidate from frontrunner to third place, he's alienated many Chow supporters with his pompous windbaggery on social media, and then he made an embarrassing, rookie mistake that Tory was able to hit Chow with. But she's supposed to "have his back"?

It's amazing that somebody who called the Ontario election so poorly can still be so smug. With friends like Kinsella, progressives in Ontario don't need enemies.
Everyone called the provincial election poorly. Hudak blew it and the worst part is he has to sit there in Queen's Park for the next four years and think about that. Kinsella was a Pupatello guy. Honestly Chow did this to herself. She let people like Warren push her into the race, when she didn't want. I think StevieD said, I think she won't be upset if she isn't elected mayor.

Last edited:
Kinsella doesn't know when to shut up. It's really astounding. He's been at the forefront of a totally disastrous campaign that took his candidate from frontrunner to third place, he's alienated many Chow supporters with his pompous windbaggery on social media, and then he made an embarrassing, rookie mistake that Tory was able to hit Chow with. But she's supposed to "have his back"?

It's amazing that somebody who called the Ontario election so poorly can still be so smug. With friends like Kinsella, progressives in Ontario don't need enemies.

Agreed. It's astonishing that he ever managed to get hired by anyone at anytime to work on their campaign. What an incredible lack of judgment. His twitter jousts with Kouvalis turned me off of both Chow and Tory. Glad he's gone away to lick his wounds, but as astonished as you that he went crying to the Sun about Chow. Wow.

Everyone called the provincial election poorly. Hudak blew it and the worst part is he has to sit there in Queen's Park for the next four years and think about that. Kinsella was a Pupatello guy. Honestly Chow did this to herself. She let people like Warren push her into the race, when she didn't want. I think StevieD said, I think she won't be upset if she isn't elected mayor.

But Kinsella was way more off than others. He insisted that Kathleen Wynne was a disastrous pick by the Liberals who would take them to third place and then morphed into a quasi-NDP hack and said that Andrea Horwath was headed to be Premier. He became such a "loyalist" that he joined the attack on the "group of 34." Now that he's burned his bridges there too, he's now signing the praises of Kathleen Wynne.

I have no sympathy for Kinsella but Chow has to take responsibility for bringing him on. Kinsella played a key role in the disastrous strategy of making the pitch for Chow basically a pitch for "strategic voting" - that she was the only positioned to defeat Ford. Now that Tory is the frontrunner, the case for voting for OC collapses. She also lied about his involvement in the campaign and said he was just a volunteer.

Given her NDP background and history as a social advocate, her "everything for everybody" strategy fell flat. Tory is better at it.

Last edited:
I have no sympathy for Kinsella but Chow has to take responsibility for bringing him on. Kinsella played a key role in the disastrous strategy of making the pitch for Chow basically a pitch for "strategic voting" - that she was the only positioned to defeat Ford. Now that Tory is the frontrunner, the case for voting for OC collapses. She also lied about his involvement in the campaign and said he was just a volunteer.

Agreed. Tons of the Chow campaigns biggest slogans are things Kinsella was saying as far back as November. Chow cast her lot with his terrible ideas and now she's paying for it. But Kinsella going to The Sun to complain about this and even toss a vague compliment the Fords' way? Just gross.

But Kinsella was way more off than others. He insisted that Kathleen Wynne was a disastrous pick by the Liberals who would take them to third place and then morphed into a quasi-NDP hack and said that Andrea Horwath was headed to be Premier. He became such a "loyalist" that he joined the attack on the "group of 34." Now that he's burned his bridges there too, he's now signing the praises of Kathleen Wynne.

Given her NDP background and history as a social advocate, her "everything for everybody" strategy fell flat. Tory is better at it.
I could not agree more with this. But that brings the question, she was leading the polls from December 2013 to August 1 basically, what happened in the past 4 weeks?

Agreed. Tons of the Chow campaigns biggest slogans are things Kinsella was saying as far back as November. Chow cast her lot with his terrible ideas and now she's paying for it. But Kinsella going to The Sun to complain about this and even toss a vague compliment the Fords' way? Just gross.
Well she did throw him under the bus.

Looks like the Toronto Worker, ummm Star is giving up on Chow

Olivia Chow and the vanishing NDP in Toronto: Hepburn
Rising support for Liberals in Toronto may doom Olivia Chow’s mayoral bid

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...and_the_vanishing_ndp_in_toronto_hepburn.html

Hepburn makes a confusing argument. Yes, the NDP seems to be losing support in Toronto, but so too do the Conservatives. Following that logic John Tory - the Conservative flagbearer - should be floundering, yet it's his race to lose.

Tory won the debate today. By Far. Ford cannot compete when it comes to the actual business men of this city - Bay Streeters.

If Rob Ford actually worked outside of his family business, he'll been fired after one or two years. The key word is worked, not pushing papers around in your family business.

Hopefully, city council will be able to create some recall by-laws for future politicians at city hall, after the next election.

Hepburn makes a confusing argument. Yes, the NDP seems to be losing support in Toronto, but so too do the Conservatives. Following that logic John Tory - the Conservative flagbearer - should be floundering, yet it's his race to lose.
Tory is hardly the conservative flag bearer. First of all he's endorsed by the Ontario Liberals, http://globalnews.ca/news/1538469/mpp-brad-duguid-john-tory-talk-transit-in-scarborough/, and secondly, the Cons couldn't stomach him and wanted to kick him out so they could go far right with Hudak.

Tory is as right wing conservative as his old mentor Bill Davis, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Davis. Tory is a positive throwback to the days before far right conservatism took over the right.

Great debate. Thanks for posting the link. Ford looked like Chris Farley up there, totally out of place.

And Chow, her manner of speech is worse than Stintz.

Tory is hardly the conservative flag bearer. First of all he's endorsed by the Ontario Liberals, http://globalnews.ca/news/1538469/mpp-brad-duguid-john-tory-talk-transit-in-scarborough/, and secondly, the Cons couldn't stomach him and wanted to kick him out so they could go far right with Hudak.

He's been endorsed by some members of the OLP. He has not been endorsed by the OLP. In fact, I believe a Forum research poll showed that Chow has slightly more support among Liberal voters than Tory does.

What an excellent debate, and I agree, Tory won it by a GREAT distance.

If he performs like this consistently through the rest of the race, he will for better or worse, be our mayor. And I am looking forward to the day there are no more Fords in office.

Back