News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The mayoralty wrestling tag team of Rob & Doug Ford were on the ropes. "User" (allegedly) crawled over to tag, and "dealer" (allegedly) surprised everyone and came in fresh and eager for a fight.

Will the "referee" (the voters) see the tricks this team uses, or will the "referee" turn a blind eye and give the Ford brothers' opponents a kick in the pants.

lod2_display_image.gif

This is not true. never called Tory a racist or a bigot. I said he supported a racist and a bigot. And by supported, I meant he provided a large cash donation to Rob Ford, and publicly endorsed him.

Good grief, how does being sympathetic about someone who's allegedly sick, compare to providing financial support and an endorsement.

What hyperbole?

These are facts.
1) Rob Ford is a racist.
2) John Tory endorsed him and gave a large cash donation to him.
3) John Tory endorsed a racist.

Nfitz I agree with you in so many points about politics and transit but you parse words like a lawyer. I swear you said only a bigot could vote or support a bigot. That is a paraphrase but the implications were that tory must be a bigot himself

Nfitz I agree with you in so many points about politics and transit but you parse words like a lawyer. I swear you said only a bigot could vote or support a bigot. That is a paraphrase but the implications were that tory must be a bigot himself
If you want to play lawyer, I said only a bigot would knowingly support a bigot. I've also said that no one in 2014 can be excused based on ignorance.

Essentially I've accused Tory, and other 2010 supports of Ford, of extremely poor judgement, that makes me question their ability to lead. Though I also have cast doubt that those who were part of the 2010 Ford campaign team were likely fully aware of what Ford was. It's hard to fathom that someone as astute as Kouvalis wasn't aware of Ford's addictions, perversions, and beliefs.

This is not true. never called Tory a racist or a bigot. I said he supported a racist and a bigot. And by supported, I meant he provided a large cash donation to Rob Ford, and publicly endorsed him.

Good grief, how does being sympathetic about someone who's allegedly sick, compare to providing financial support and an endorsement.

What hyperbole?

These are facts.
1) Rob Ford is a racist.

And let me guess... This means we should all vote for Olivia Chow right?

I don't know if it's funny or sad that you don't realise how transparent your rhetoric is.

Surprising, you're not a card carrying member of the Tea Party. They love to resort to trash politics like this.

I don't think Rob Ford is a racist. He's alot of things but bigot? I don't see it.

Well that makes 2 of you. You and rob ford.
ETA in vino veritas even rob knows when he's hammered that"Im the most racist guy around, Im the effing mayor of Toronto"

Last edited:
Though given the context in which he uttered that statement I've always seen that "most racist guy around" as more malaprop--I mean, he could well be *stupid* enough to think that "racist" means the opposite of what it actually means...

And let me guess... This means we should all vote for Olivia Chow right?
I don't know what we should do. I was leaning towards Solnacki myself. I'm a little bothered by the lack of choices really. Some people keep pointing me towards Goldkind.

I don't know if it's funny or sad that you don't realise how transparent your rhetoric is.
How is it transparent? Surely I'm not the only person who is bothered by John Tory's poor judge of character and rather odd choices over the years.

Surprising, you're not a card carrying member of the Tea Party. They love to resort to trash politics like this.
I hadn't realised the Tea Party was bothered by racism. I don't pay much attention, but I thought they were pro-racist. Did they endorse Chow?

What hyperbole?

These are facts.
1) Rob Ford is a racist.

Nfitz, you have a good point. Tory did endorse Ford. It's something I completely forgot about. I'm not going to call Tory a bigot, but it does reflect incredibly poorly on the character of the man

Though given the context in which he uttered that statement I've always seen that "most racist guy around" as more malaprop--I mean, he could well be *stupid* enough to think that "racist" means the opposite of what it actually means...

You are not wrong. I think he thinks he's not racist at all recall " no n-----r gets fired on my watch " regarding gene jones. However his kind of racism is insipid and insidious. Would you want that guy developing policy that effected minorities?

I find myself preoccupied with trying to figure what's gone so wrong inside DuhFo's brain. After returning from a walk to Eaton Centre, I caught myself visualizing what would occur if the damned goof were to go for a stroll downtown on a gorgeous day such as this (say just about anywhere downtown). DuhFo would probably be shunned, while at the same time his brother would attract at least a few folks to chat.

… What can possess a guy to take a run at the mayor's job in a town where he's just despised? I choose to believe the poll where he is in the teens above the one where he's in the thirties.

Gotta get this off of my mind for now and enjoy the day. Can't wait to see DuhFo voted out.

Back