News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Not shutting down athletic pistol shooters because of some value-based arguments against guns.

Listen, I grew up shooting gophers with .22s. But fake shooting of guns is not an 'athletic' pursuit. It's darts with a deadly weapon. Pistols are only useful to hunt one animal, and that's the 'human'. Mimicking the shooting of humans and calling it a sport is not necessary; banning them has some protest value. And yes, that's a value-based argument against pistols.

He might have certainly broken some of Tory's momentum. Winning? Not so sure.

I don't know why Tory was whining. He should give it back. He should call the Ford's out on their privileged lifestyle and the fact that they ran a multi-million dollar company right through their terms on council.

But that's it. It's like John is running away from debating Doug even though Doug is not at all the debates.

Listen, I grew up shooting gophers with .22s. But fake shooting of guns is not an 'athletic' pursuit. It's darts with a deadly weapon. Pistols are only useful to hunt one animal, and that's the 'human'. Mimicking the shooting of humans and calling it a sport is not necessary; banning them has some protest value. And yes, that's a value-based argument against pistols.
Agreed. If you want to defend your home, get a shotgun.

Why do I feel like Doug is winning right now?

Doug doing the red meat full court press is keeping the true believer zealots part of FNation. That may further repel what few moderates are left (possibly all 3 of them) in FN. Short of parading Rob around in a gurney and asking for sympathy votes, or Thug donning a Bane mask and reading a letter from Chief Blair that states Rob is actually Batman. Doug might hit a ceiling of around 30%, if he hasn't already. Tory is solidifying his hold from what I can see, barring any last minute gaffe escaping his mouth that his brain couldn't stop in time. Though if both Tory and Doug wants to do more pressers instead of debates, raspberries to both.

Communications Director?

Running the football pool?

Haha. I would prefer chief strategist if they would have me :mad::p
Doug doing the red meat full court press is keeping the true believer zealots part of FNation. That may further repel what few moderates are left (possibly all 3 of them) in FN. Short of parading Rob around in a gurney and asking for sympathy votes, or Thug donning a Bane mask and reading a letter from Chief Blair that states Rob is actually Batman. Doug might hit a ceiling of around 30%, if he hasn't already. Tory is solidifying his hold from what I can see, barring any last minute gaffe escaping his mouth that his brain couldn't stop in time. Though if both Tory and Doug wants to do more pressers instead of debates, raspberries to both.
Yup, you nailed it. Hopefully Tory can stay on message, Doug is great at sidetracking, like Tuesday.

Why do I feel like Doug is winning right now?

Except that his cheering squad may well be counter-losing it for him. Sorta like Wildrose Alliance's dead-cert Alberta victory undermined by "bozo eruptions", with a dash of Paul Wellstone's memorial rally in 2002 being so insufferable that it threw the Minnesota Senatorial race into Republican hands...

Except that his cheering squad may well be counter-losing it for him. Sorta like Wildrose Alliance's dead-cert Alberta victory undermined by "bozo eruptions", with a dash of Paul Wellstone's memorial rally in 2002 being so insufferable that it threw the Minnesota Senatorial race into Republican hands...

Now that was a great example of the polls being wrong!

Now that was a great example of the polls being wrong!
I had a feeling Wildrose would blow it in fairness. Rob and Doug are just two people. You can't do what Wildrose did multpile times and expect to form a a government in this country, even Alberta.
The other out-of-sync poll was the Forum poll from 3 days ago, with Tory at 38 to Ford at 31. The Nanos poll out same day was 49 to 27, and Mainstreet also out this week was 46 to 26.

Well I guess GenerationW is right again. This is either hype or they are trying to scare people to vote Tory.

Back