News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Just when things couldn't get any weirder---

goldsbie Mar 20, 12:38am via Web
"If a cat were big enough, it would eat you." Sarah Thomson's campaign launch video: bit.ly/ODp0LO Why is this happening?

That video is not only odd and creepy, it's 'Jon Stewart worthy'.

I got to say that after that fiery campaign speech to his supporters tonight, I'm thinking John Tory really is the right person for this job. I'm a Karen Stintz fan, but Tory really would be a fantastic mayor for Toronto. I'm supporting him now and I hope others do too. I love that his campaign slogan is 'TOGETHER'. Simple, elegant and effective. GO JOHN TORY GO!

What made you a Stintz fan before?

Wow. Because Sarah Thomson was what was missing from this mayoral election.

She's somewhere between the C-Tier (occupied by Norm Gardner) and the Y-Tier (occupied by Richard Underhill). I'll just put her in the Y-Tier with the Shuffle Demon.

It'd be (refreshingly, symbolically) interesting to see her outpolled by Morgan Baskin.

I wonder why she isn't running for the federal Liberal nomination in Trinity-Spadina. The provincial Liberals picked someone else, so maybe she burnt bridges with the riding association.

The Twitter reaction matches my own. Not only is there another ring to this circus, Thomson is bringing the clown car.

Was she really that close to the Libs before?

MAYOR - City of Toronto 2010

1870 of 1870 Polls Reporting
CandidateTotal votes% of
total votes
Rob Ford38350147.114%
George Smitherman28983235.607%
Joe Pantalone9548211.73%
Rocco Rossi50120.616%
George Babula32730.402%
Rocco Achampong28050.345%
Abdullah-Baquie Ghazi27610.339%
Michael Alexander24700.303%
Vijay Sarma22640.278%
Sarah Thomson18830.231%

Note to Sarah Thomson, forget about it.

MAYOR - City of Toronto 2010

1870 of 1870 Polls Reporting
CandidateTotal votes% of
total votes
Rob Ford38350147.114%
George Smitherman28983235.607%
Joe Pantalone9548211.73%
Rocco Rossi50120.616%
George Babula32730.402%
Rocco Achampong28050.345%
Abdullah-Baquie Ghazi27610.339%
Michael Alexander24700.303%
Vijay Sarma22640.278%
Sarah Thomson18830.231%

Note to Sarah Thomson, forget about it.

But Sarah did drop out early. Not to say her vote would have been higher but perhaps higher than the unknown other candidates. But I do have to say one thing, she was the one pushign transit and tolls and there was outrsge at the time. Now 4 years later its not out of the realm of possioboltiy. It was talked about in the ltools of revenue sources and if not in a minority government, the Liberals would have implemented them. They are just waiting to get elected in a majority government.

But Sarah did drop out early. Not to say her vote would have been higher but perhaps higher than the unknown other candidates. But I do have to say one thing, she was the one pushign transit and tolls and there was outrsge at the time. Now 4 years later its not out of the realm of possioboltiy. It was talked about in the ltools of revenue sources and if not in a minority government, the Liberals would have implemented them. They are just waiting to get elected in a majority government.
As did Rossi though.

She's going to have to do a lot of work just to get back to the point where she's considered a contender again. Piling on with the co-op thing and not presenting a platform of any kind isn't helping, never mind stunts like the horse and cart. She's encouraging people to dismiss her as a lightweight and a kook even if she's getting attention by doing so.

She's going to have to do a lot of work just to get back to the point where she's considered a contender again. Piling on with the co-op thing and not presenting a platform of any kind isn't helping, never mind stunts like the horse and cart. She's encouraging people to dismiss her as a lightweight and a kook even if she's getting attention by doing so.

You're talking as if this is a serious campaign and not some kind of weird performance art.

She knows she doesn't stand a chance of being elected mayor. This is nothing more then an attempt to build support for her that she can easily swing over to John Tory when she ends up announcing that she is ending her campaign and wants her supporters to vote for Tory. Thomson had been pushing for Tory to run back since last summer.

She knows she doesn't stand a chance of being elected mayor. This is nothing more then an attempt to build support for her that she can easily swing over to John Tory when she ends up announcing that she is ending her campaign and wants her supporters to vote for Tory. Thomson had been pushing for Tory to run back since last summer.

What does she get out of Tory running for mayor?

Back