News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

more self-promotion of herself as a player, she is a joke no influence no vision it is just a game to her. Remember she referred to herself as an "entrepreneur" in the last election. The only hope is a good turn out, anyone who doesn't vote should have to pay triple property tax, even if they don't already pay tax. It steams my clams that we only had 50% turnout last time, no excuses this time.

Someone who is putting expanding the subway system as a top priority. Thomson has been vocal about wanting Tory to run for mayor for a while now.

Then shouldn't she just endorse him from the start? How much support does she think she can get on her own before throwing it to Tory (he asked, forgetting for a moment how delusional she really is)?

more self-promotion of herself as a player, she is a joke no influence no vision it is just a game to her. Remember she referred to herself as an "entrepreneur" in the last election. The only hope is a good turn out, anyone who doesn't vote should have to pay triple property tax, even if they don't already pay tax. It steams my clams that we only had 50% turnout last time, no excuses this time.

Yeah, an entrepreneur who ran a publication that couldn't survive on its own without being subsidized ... probably to a greater extent than the Chow/Layton apartment was (if at all).

The only die-hard opponents of Chow are right-wing ideologues who have decided in advance that they will oppose whichever candidate is furthest to the left.

If that's what you want to believe. Considering every liberal voter in Trinity-Spadina has witnessed her polarizing tactics... I would say her polarizing 'meter' to be just below Fords.

If that's what you want to believe. Considering every liberal voter in Trinity-Spadina has witnessed her polarizing tactics... I would say her polarizing 'meter' to be just below Fords.

In what way has she polarized people in Trin-Spa? Considering that previous big-L liberal MPs in that riding were barely around to do any polarizing ...

Chow? I've lived in Trinity-Spadina for years and never heard about her being a polarizing force. She gets elected by a huge margin. And I say that as someone who is not a fan and I can't even think of an issue or a meeting where she has been a polarizing force.

So polarizing that Tri-Spa has elected her in some capacity since the 1980s. So polarizing that she beat the Liberals in a +15 landslide last election. So polarizing that her approval rating as an MP was 72%.

As far as I remember, Chow has never compared an ethnic group to dogs, blamed dead cyclists and people with AIDS for their own problems, or threatened to lynch homeless people. As far as I can tell her career has always been based on supporting people rather demonizing and scapegoating them.

In what way has she polarized people in Trin-Spa? Considering that previous big-L liberal MPs in that riding were barely around to do any polarizing ...

depends on how far you want to go back? You can even start in her own party in 2006, when she ripped off Tam-Goosen for Helen Kennedy. Or in 2010 when she plunked Pantalone signs assuming all her NDP voter list would vote for Joe? Or the last minute flyers day before E-day on cars ripping libs about HST and other Ontario scandals for a federal election? ?
I guess it depends how fare back you've lived, involved you are with local politics, etc. in the Ward.

Aaaand here's a Stintz adviser/flack endorsing a racist joke about Chow:

https://twitter.com/karlbaldauf/status/446733332093489152

KarlBaldauf ‏@karlbaldauf ·24m
Chow is asking for 100 more buses per day. This would be on top of the 160 buses/hour needed while replacing Scarborough RT #fail #topoli Reply Retweet Retweeted

Mike Chopowick ‏@mchopowick ·10m
@karlbaldauf Chow thinks "Scarborough" is a British card game.

KarlBaldauf ‏@karlbaldauf ·9m @mchopowick lol! Amazing.

depends on how far you want to go back? You can even start in her own party in 2006, when she ripped off Tam-Goosen for Helen Kennedy. Or in 2010 when she plunked Pantalone signs assuming all her NDP voter list would vote for Joe? Or the last minute flyers day before E-day on cars ripping libs about HST and other Ontario scandals for a federal election? ?
I guess it depends how fare back you've lived, involved you are with local politics, etc. in the Ward.

I've been there for more than two decades now. I thought you were talking about polarizing voters within the ward, not within the party.

As far as involvement goes, I do know she will show up at all kinds of events and meetings. The last time the riding was held by a Liberal, he was barely visible in the area. That was polarizing.

I'm genuinely curious, as a number of people have labelled her as 'polarizing'. Can you give us an example of what you have witnessed? And by liberal, do you mean Liberal or neoliberal or progressive?

I got to say that after that fiery campaign speech to his supporters tonight, I'm thinking John Tory really is the right person for this job. I'm a Karen Stintz fan, but Tory really would be a fantastic mayor for Toronto. I'm supporting him now and I hope others do too. I love that his campaign slogan is 'TOGETHER'. Simple, elegant and effective. GO JOHN TORY GO!

So because he gave a fiery speech, and he isn't campaigning on being divisive, he's the obvious choice?

Those are some interesting examples of relatively bare knuckle political tactics (Although, putting up election signs and putting out a flyer? That's the best you got?) but none of those are things that would 'polarize' anyone but a capital 'L' Liberal active in the riding. Which I now assume you are and that answers my other question.

Aaaand here's a Stintz adviser/flack endorsing a racist joke about Chow:

https://twitter.com/karlbaldauf/status/446733332093489152

KarlBaldauf ‏@karlbaldauf ·24m
Chow is asking for 100 more buses per day. This would be on top of the 160 buses/hour needed while replacing Scarborough RT #fail #topoli Reply Retweet Retweeted

Mike Chopowick ‏@mchopowick ·10m
@karlbaldauf Chow thinks "Scarborough" is a British card game.

KarlBaldauf ‏@karlbaldauf ·9m @mchopowick lol! Amazing.

I don't get it, what's racist about this? I don't even know what it's supposed to mean.

In shocking election news, Karen Stintz has changed her position. This time it's regarding the island airport. However, it's apparently not a flip-flop because she was a councillor then and now she's a candidate.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...anges_position_on_jets_at_island_airport.html
Mayoral candidate Karen Stintz has swiftly changed her position on the Porter Airlines proposal to fly jets in and out of the island airport.
Stintz was the first prominent city councillor to express opposition to the jets proposal. She wrote on Twitter in April: “I hope that Porter intended on using jets elsewhere because I cannot support jets at Billy Bishop airport, nor a lengthening of its runway.”
Stintz confirmed that stance in an interview with the Star on the weekend before she launched her campaign in February. But she now says she will support the expansion of the island airport on certain conditions — and she will no longer say that she is opposed to jets.
“It's not about jets,” she said repeatedly when pressed in an interview on Thursday.
Rather, she argued, the debate is simply about whether to expand the island airport.
“What I should have said was — in hindsight — 'If we're going to expand the airport, we need to do it in a thoughtful way.' And that's the tweet that I should have sent a year ago, and I didn't send that tweet,” she said.
“But my position now is that we weren't having the right discussion; now we are absolutely having the right discussion, and I can't tell you what might come out of that discussion and whether jets are part of that solution, but what I do know is that if we're going to expand the airport, we have to have a way to do it with conditions that are supporting the local economy, making sure that it's sensitive to the waterfront, and considering how it serves the business community.”
Council's executive committee will vote on the airport proposal at a special meeting on Tuesday, council possibly in April. Jets are a major component of the report they will be debating, and it was the jets proposal that sparked the debate in the first place.
Stintz has been criticized as inconsistent for her decision in 2013 to support a subway replacement for the Scarborough RT after supporting LRT in 2012. Her advisor Karl Baldauf argued that Stintz did not flip-flop on the airport.
“Tweet was issued as councillor. Now she is taking a position on behalf of city as a mayoral candidate,” he wrote on Twitter.

Ford supports the airport expansion and the jets proposal. Olivia Chow is opposed, David Soknacki conditionally supportive, John Tory “very skeptical.”
In a Thursday statement conveying her new position on the airport, Stintz said she was coming forward because she is “concerned by the position advanced by Olivia Chow, who a decade ago did not even support the existence of a downtown airport.”
Chow called in 2003 for the airport to be shut down, but Porter did not exist then. Chow now says she opposes jets and expansion, the same position Stintz held.

Back