News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Well, I'd nail him on lack of experience, lack of work in the community, uncommitted to the city, using city for personal benefits and finish him off with the treatment of the dad with the autistic kid. Wouldn't have done anything to sway the FN vote, but who gives a damn about the FN vote at this stage?

AoD

Why not go after him for the unwarranted traffic control (per staff) at Tidemore and Rexdale at a cost of approx 165K?
Of course it passed Council on a vote of 42-2. the two being R Ford and D Holyday with DMW absent....

Why not go after him for the unwarranted traffic control (per staff) at Tidemore and Rexdale at a cost of approx 165K?
Of course it passed Council on a vote of 42-2. the two being R Ford and D Holyday with DMW absent....

Sad to say, not sexy or soundbitey enough for a televised debate at this stage of the game. It needs to be short, to the point and shut Doug down cold. Otherwise Doug can just slither away with "Folks, you know let me tell ya something.....batteries....subways...elitist...special interest group...average folks like you."

And as an added bonus outs those that think it's okay to wander around with guns.

Who are these made up people you want outed? Guns are heavily regulated, you can not just wander around with them. Are you hoping it outs gang members with illegal firearms who have a keen interest in politics to protest such a ban?

Chow's BS earlier this week about TTC taking money from elevators and using them on the Scarborough subway suggests otherwise.

Really? She talked about banning guns in Toronto, despite knowing full well (as a former Member of Parliament no less) that municipal politicians have absolutely zero jursidiction over the issue.

In general, I don't think any politician is so trust-worthy that they won't occassionally bend the truth to win a vote.

Well she got the numbers wrong on the TTC. That is a good point. But that was not pandering. The guns thing was about sending a message. Toronto can't actually do anything about that
Actually, Doug is worse than Rob. Rob's a user. Doug was a dealer. The comparison is worse for Doug.

But, personally, I'd be attacking Doug through council and Deco. It's pretty obvious he was on council to siphon funds into Deco, isn't it? Never showed up for a meeting or vote, unless a client of Deco needed a favour.

Of course he was, he wasn't at council in general half the time either. He doesn't want to be here and it shows in scrums. My thing is, Doug is much more composed, much polished then Rob. He can win this.

Who are these made up people you want outed?
20130316_USD000_0.jpg

Are we pretending there isn't a group of people who think we should all be able to carry guns anywhere? Though judging by the lack of reaction on this in Toronto, there's few if any here.

And yet we still seem to be debating it. Such a proposal sends a message to Ottawa. That's all. I don't see the harm in sending a message.

Attachments

• 20130316_USD000_0.jpg
    20130316_USD000_0.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 612
Thatcher, Golda Meir and Merkel can be seen as not nice, powerful women.
I'm not sure that Thatcher was a very nice person. Can't speak as much to the others.

But let's look to home? Do we see Hazel as not nice? Do we see Wynne and not nice? They are both seen as warm and family-oriented, unlike Thatcher who I'd never say was seen as very motherly.

Thatcher, Golda Meir and Merkel can be seen as not nice, powerful women.

Yup, I am cognizant of them - they are the other side of the spectrum of women politicos (who incidentally maximizes the "toughness" aspect - to perhaps a level that exceed their male counterparts).

nfitz:

Hazel almost certainly belong to the racist/bigot category by your definition:

In 2001, she landed in hot water over comments about immigrants and refugees in an interview with National Post columnist Diane Francis.

"If you go to the Credit Valley Hospital the emergency is loaded with people in their native costumes," she was quoted as saying. "A couple will come here as immigrants and each bring their parents. Now you have four people who never contributed a nickel toward our medical system using it at an age when they will cost everyone a great deal of money."

Although McCallion insisted her words had been taken out of context, the comments prompted the city's South Asian community -- which took the costumes remark as a personal jab -- to lead two angry protests complete with hecklers carrying placards reading "We don't want a racist mayor." (Francis and the Post stood by the story.)

McCallion refused to apologize, insisting she had done nothing wrong, but said she "regretted" it if anyone was hurt by the column.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/toronto/story.html?id=2cdaa7a4-80da-4b03-a824-273c31c2b962

There are many things about Hazel, but I think she belong more to the Thatcher, Meir and Merkel axis far more than "nice".

AoD

Back