News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Latest Forum poll has the Liberals back at 32%, PC's at 31% and NDP back down to 28%. Also mentions that the PC's are within majority government territory due to the efficiency of their votes and the split on the left.

NDP only at 24% in Quebec? I think this may be an outlier.

And for the Cons to be "within majority government territory" would be like Wildrose being likewise with similar polling figures in Alberta recently, or the ONDP set to actually lost seats back when things were looking genuinely three-way prior to the last provincial elections. That's what you get when a bunch of airheaded dorks try to project seat numbers by crudely using past results as a base...

CBC News Alerts ‏@CBCAlerts 2m2 minutes ago
#GillesDuceppe to return as leader of #BlocQuebecois. Led #BQ for 15 years, quit after losing seat in 2011. #cdnpoli

Blast from the past...

Ben Mulroney ‏@BenMulroney 10m10 minutes ago
Gilles Duceppe is back? I swear, if dad starts feeling the itch, I'm sending him for an MRI...

Now that is funny!

NDP leads in the Ekos poll released today: NDP 34%, Conservatives 27%, Liberals 23%

Ontario: NDP 36%, Conservatives 26%, Liberals 26%

(The full details should be up soon)

Last edited:
That is too far in the future for me to provide a prediction. Would any remaining Liberal voters strategically vote for NDP in a subsequent election to prevent a Conservative resurgence? Would the Conservatives be too weak while rebuilding to pose that kind of threat?

Hell for all we know, the Conservative Party may split after Harper leaves.

If Harper does indeed win re-election, but with a rather small minority, the party won't be very happy. Some people think that he could step down as a result.

The Conservatives are so busy going after Trudeau and the Liberals, they are ignoring the NDP passing both of them.

Liberals are announcing major election/government reforms tomorrow. Interested in hearing what they will be putting on the table. Trudeau's teaser talks about changing the way we vote, and the way politicians make decisions. "Government will no longer be the PM's rubber stamp".

I also like the default open government. Eliminates the need to file freedom of information requests for many things. FOI requests would also only cost $5, to be refunded if the request takes too long to process.

Too little too late though?

To answer WislaHD's question... I (a Liberal) would vote NDP to prevent the PC's from winning the next election. There is nothing in the NDP platform that I feel would take Canada backwards.

Trudeau wants to go to a ranked ballot or STV system that would benefit the Liberals disproportionately doesn't he?

I think at the provincial and federal level, a PR system like the NDP wants is more democratic.

---

I am in the same boat Tuscani, a Liberal who has no problems voting for the NDP and probably will vote NDP this election.

Back