News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I am surprised Domise declined. He seemed like the kind of person that would have taken any 'in' on the political scene.

I am surprised Domise declined. He seemed like the kind of person that would have taken any 'in' on the political scene.

Domise is an arrogant jerk that presented himself as the "main alternative to Ford." Not only did he lose badly with 8% of the vote, he didn't even come in second place! And he raised $40,000 and was turning volunteers away.

Wow, so the NDP have the momentum heading into the (dead) summer months.

I wonder how much the attack ads against Trudeau are working. I think it is fair to say the majority of the public can agree with the consensus "he's not ready" and will be keeping that in mind heading into the election.

Hopefully the polls stay static the way they are at the moment and by summer's end people will start paying attention and realize that the NDP are the strategic choice to defeating Harper.

http://cdn.ipolitics.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-05-at-10.06.08-AM.png

This one is interesting. How many of the 50-64 age range is beginning to realize that they do not have enough saved up for retirement?

There are other very interesting observations this time around as well. The NDP are the only pan-Canadian party, meaning they have >20% of the vote in every province. The NDP are far ahead of the game in Quebec now and just weeks ago it was only a competition between the Liberals and Conservatives in Ontario, now Ontario has become a 3-way tie.

Further, according to this image, the NDP is the 2nd choice party for many Liberals and quite a few Conservative voters too.

Lastly, according to this image, the NDP have the highest ceiling of the 3 parties, at 51.2%.

Last edited:
People don't vote for the NDP because there's no point being unable to get enough seats.

So the NDP leading the polls is a game-changer, which might even lead to more NDP support.

Wow, so the NDP have the momentum heading into the (dead) summer months.

I wonder how much the attack ads against Trudeau are working. I think it is fair to say the majority of the public can agree with the consensus "he's not ready" and will be keeping that in mind heading into the election.

Hopefully the polls stay static the way they are at the moment and by summer's end people will start paying attention and realize that the NDP are the strategic choice to defeating Harper.

Yes, the problem with "Trudeau's not ready" is that it's making voters turn to Mulcair, rather than back to Harper.

How can the Tories go after Mulcair effectively? The war on terror is more of a base issue than one that appeals to swing voters, and I don't think red-baiting works anymore. Pretty hard to accuse a former Quebec Liberal Cabinet minister as a scary ideologue.

I don't think it's the "Trudeau's not ready" ads that are hurting him. I really think it's his stance on c-51. So many liberals I know, myself included, who traditionally vote for the Liberal party are flocking to the NDP because of it.

I don't think it's the "Trudeau's not ready" ads that are hurting him. I really think it's his stance on c-51. So many liberals I know, myself included, who traditionally vote for the Liberal party are flocking to the NDP because of it.

I'm one of those Liberals who are voting NDP because of Trudeau's stance on c-51.

How can the Tories go after Mulcair effectively? The war on terror is more of a base issue than one that appeals to swing voters, and I don't think red-baiting works anymore. Pretty hard to accuse a former Quebec Liberal Cabinet minister as a scary ideologue.

Same way the Liberals used to: the "proven experience in governing" tactic. (Same way the Jim Prentice PCs tried to in Alberta, for that matter.)

Back