News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Well he's following Australia's lead, which designates certain regions within certain countries as no-go zones. So I doubt an entire country will be off limits. That would be even more ridiculous.

Well he's following Australia's lead, which designates certain regions within certain countries as no-go zones. So I doubt an entire country will be off limits. That would be even more ridiculous.

But how do you prove that you visited/didnt visit a certain region? The country stamp or Visa is the only thing customs will see when you get back, and the only information they will have to go on regarding where you visited.

I don't see how they can possibly administer this without country-wide bans.

No idea, it sounds unenforceable. Australia has made it illegal to travel only to Mosul, Iraq for example, not the entire country. I'm not sure how that's administered.

From what I'm reading about the law in Australia, it looks like it was simply crafted to provide law enforcement with a legal reason to detain anyone traveling to support/fight with ISIS. It makes it easier to arrest people than having to prove that they were involved with ISIS. Im guessing its for those moments when they have suspicions about someone but not enough evidence to lay charges. This travel ban can now be used as a scapegoat for lack of evidence.

It doesn't really look like they are concerned about the average Joe traveling in and out of the region. It puts the onus on the traveler to prove that they were not partaking or supporting terrorism.

I was speaking with someone who lives in Quebec City today; he has always been interested in politics and keeps his ear to the ground. I asked him about the upcoming election; he thinks that Quebec will support the Conservatives because they scared themselves voting so many NDP in the last time they voted! He says Trudeau left a bad taste in a lot of mouths so there is little support for Justin in the province. I hadn't expected that response!

So Frank Graves from Ekos is tweeting that current polling shows it is "no longer a 2 way race, but it is a different race", and that "CPC are fading with no significant growth opportunities".

Sounds like numbers are on the move. Can't wait to see the first polls since the debate.

So Frank Graves from Ekos is tweeting that current polling shows it is "no longer a 2 way race, but it is a different race", and that "CPC are fading with no significant growth opportunities".

Sounds like numbers are on the move. Can't wait to see the first polls since the debate.

Any idea when these numbers will be published?

Isn't four weeks a fairly long time period over which to conduct a poll? Opinions can change a lot over that span, especially during an election. I hope they tighten up their polling windows as we get closer to the day.

Back