News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So does suspending his campaign mean the same thing as dropping out of the race?
No, I'm sure his riding campaign office is still busy working the phones.

Still, the photo of the child is plastered on BBC, CNN, etc. This could be a defining issue for the campaign.

Last edited:
So, why exactly did Harper think that dropping the writ early was a good idea?

With Harper's micromanagement and centralization of just about everything at the federal level, it all comes back to Harper now.

Is it possible with all of this hitting the fan that the CPC will lose way more seats than anyone thought possible? I know they are getting destroyed in BC and Quebec, while Ontario is mixed.

Is it possible with all of this hitting the fan that the CPC will lose way more seats than anyone thought possible? I know they are getting destroyed in BC and Quebec, while Ontario is mixed.

I doubt it will have much of a drastic effect at all. The CPC seem to have a base that won't budge no matter what. We saw them behind RoFo/DoFo's continued support in the 20%'s. Nothing seems to really stick to these people.

And the media is now reporting that this family hadn't filed any papers to come here after-all. Only the man's brother submitted a request, but it was incomplete. The family is also stating they never officially requested entry as refugees.

And the media is now reporting that this family hadn't filed any papers to come here after-all. Only the man's brother submitted a request, but it was incomplete. The family is also stating they never officially requested entry as refugees.
And my friends who have been screaming about the evils of the Canadian government aren't mentioning that at all ...
(There's plenty of evils about the government to scream about, but blaming them for these tragic deaths isn't one of them. How about blaming ISIS)

I doubt it will have much of a drastic effect at all. The CPC seem to have a base that won't budge no matter what. We saw them behind RoFo/DoFo's continued support in the 20%'s. Nothing seems to really stick to these people.

It will hurt Alexander at least. He wasn't going to win before the disastrous CBC interview and now this happens.

Seems that the Canadian public's attention span is short. Chris Alexander re-opened his "suspended" campaign office late this afternoon. I guess after everyone squeaked out a few tears, it was considered ok to hang out at the Ottawa airport for a few hours and then return to Ajax

He is still damaged goods for the CPC.

(There's plenty of evils about the government to scream about, but blaming them for these tragic deaths isn't one of them. How about blaming ISIS)

Blaming ISIS (as if we don't know their deeds) and send in a token force would do what? Short of putting real boots on the grounds in the form of a significant force (which Harper - and frankly Canadians doesn't have the guts for) it's all but posturing. We have a collective responsibility to the issue at hand - and since it's clear we don't have fortitude to actually invade (and even then, the outcome is dicey) the best we can do is manage the human suffering. Even on this lesser front, the government is more talk than action. That's the human tragedy - the kid is the expression of such at the most personal.

AoD

Last edited:
I didn't say to send in a force, token or otherwise, but if we're playing the blame game, let's blame the real cause of what's going on. Yes, as a country we can absolutely do more, but in this specific instance, let's get the facts straight that the family wasn't denied refugee status or entry because they didn't actually apply.

I was talking with my mom about Alexander's awful interview and she said she could understand why Harper makes his candidates be quiet.

Last edited:

Back