News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Forum poll released tonight showing:

LPC - 37%
CPC - 31%
NDP - 23%

Some bad news out of the poll for the NDP is that 1/3rd of the respondents considering voting NDP are not firm, and are willing to change their vote.

With the Liberals continuing to gain steam, we may be in for a big surprise come election night. The seat count for that poll has the Liberals only 25 seats away from winning a majority now.

Joe Oliver: “There is a real chance the Liberals may form government which will have real consequences for the economy, including massive tax hikes and job losses. In an era of economic uncertainty, only a vote for the Conservative Party can protect your wallet and your job.”

I see the Cons are starting to have a little panic setting in here, with a side of desperation and fear mongering. If the Liberals are elected, ISIS will come to Canada, pigs will fly, we will turn into Greece unless we stay with the current course which is trickle down economics and deficits year after year. Start packing your bags Joe because you are about to be sent home. Don't forget your niqab on the way out.

Anyone one else notice something off about this chart? For example, where is Canada? Because if the "fastest" job growth country is supposed to be represent by the top most line, then legend below doesn't match the corresponding colours. :rolleyes:
I agree, and at first thought I'd gone colour blind. Anyway, there are only three blue lines on the chart and the legend, and the top line on the chart is closest to the Canada colour in the legend, so the top line is presumably Canada.

Mummers, potato sacks and clown masks: Why people are voting in silly face coverings http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mask-face-covering-voting-1.3266109

Voters have been turning up at advance polling stations in Quebec and Newfoundland over the past two days, ready to cast ballots while clad in outrageous costumes and masks.
AAfjHqM.img

I don't believe the Conservatives pushed the Niqab debate into the election. The timing of the federal court decision of October 5th, which by the way went against the government, was not at the behest of the conservatives. Had the court reserved judgment until after the election, this would had not been an item of such focus.

I do wonder why so many seem to decry the discussion of this issue is during the election? If the Niqab issue is having an effect on voter's decision, why is it not an issue worthy of discussion?
By what measure do we decide which issues are to be debated in an election? I'd say one that is having an apparent effect on voters intentions is worthy discussion.

I don't believe the Conservatives pushed the Niqab debate into the election. The timing of the federal court decision of October 5th, which by the way went against the government, was not at the behest of the conservatives. Had the court reserved judgment until after the election, this would had not been an item of such focus.

I do wonder why so many seem to decry the discussion of this issue is during the election? If the Niqab issue is having an effect on voter's decision, why is it not an issue worthy of discussion?
By what measure do we decide which issues are to be debated in an election? I'd say one that is having an apparent effect on voters intentions is worthy discussion.

I guess the issue is really the government (Under Harper) going against the courts on this issue. They want to appeal the decision, and I have a feeling they are going to lose the appeal. Why talk about something that the government has little control over at this point?

I agree, and at first thought I'd gone colour blind. Anyway, there are only three blue lines on the chart and the legend, and the top line on the chart is closest to the Canada colour in the legend, so the top line is presumably Canada.

The countries are listed in the order of the lines' endpoints, from Canada at top and top left to Italy at bottom and bottom right.

The fact that, against all their own ideological preferences, the Conservatives did the rational thing in 2009 is commendable. It doesn't mean anyone should necessarily vote for them in 2015.

G&M's guru still forecasting a Conservative strong minority with his algorithm. CBC's ThreeHundredEight now leaning to a Liberal minority.

Best comment on this election I have seen, however, comes from The Economist: "Muslim-bashing is an effective campaign tactic." Makes me squirm just reading that about my 'famously tolerant' homeland...

http://www.economist.com/news/ameri...shing-effective-campaign-tactic-veiled-attack

Niagara Falls is projected to vote for the CPC. I thought they were an NDP bastion. Maybe that is just provincially.

Voted at the advance poll today.

No niqabs, masks, mummers, balaclavas, welders helmets, scarves, etc.

The niqab is a terrible issue for the NDP and Liberals to grandstand on.
They didn't pick the issue, the Conservatives did. Kudos to both NDP and Liberals for not succumbing to Harper's racism.

Not seeing how it's hurting the Liberals though. Their numbers are nothing but up since the issue blew up.

For every racist attracted Tory, there seems to be just as many who understand that if you vote for a racist, you are a racist, and are moving away from the party.

The election night numbers will be interesting. There's a difference between saying you'll vote for a racist, and actually doing the act.

They didn't pick the issue, the Conservatives did. Kudos to both NDP and Liberals for not succumbing to Harper's racism.

Not seeing how it's hurting the Liberals though. Their numbers are nothing but up since the issue blew up.

For every racist attracted Tory, there seems to be just as many who understand that if you vote for a racist, you are a racist, and are moving away from the party.

The election night numbers will be interesting. There's a difference between saying you'll vote for a racist, and actually doing the act.

I knew it wouldn't be long before you came back to start another race diatribe. While you're at it, please kindly remind us again why John Tory supporters are racist too.

Back