News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Data geek Matt Elliott is also predicting a Liberal Majority.

Screen shot 2015-10-18 at 10.25.15 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-10-18 at 10.25.15 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-18 at 10.25.15 PM.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 297
Final Nanos poll has Liberals in majority territory also!

Looks like at this point, we should be ready to say goodbye to Harper.

Final Nanos poll has Liberals in majority territory also!

Looks like at this point, we should be ready to say goodbye to Harper.
I agree. I voted Liberal in the advance polls.

However I very much hope these new Libs do not repeat the scandals and mismanagement of the old Libs. I'd like to see prudent management of the size and cost of gov't and its bureaucracy (expense and investment growth is fine if real results grow at an equal or greater rate). Most importantly I want to avoid repeats of scandals akin to Shawinigate, Sponsorship and conflicts of interest seen during previous Liberal regimes. Of course, Harper has been as bad if not far worse, but I'm holding Trudeau to a higher and perhaps unfair standard.

I'm not sure that it's an unfair standard. Trudeau has campaigned on change and making things better. If the Liberals win, there is an obligation to follow through.

I'm not sure that it's an unfair standard. Trudeau has campaigned on change and making things better. If the Liberals win, there is an obligation to follow through.

Yup, though those of us with long memories should also recall that the Cons were elected on the so called accountability flank - it shouldn't have taken almost 10 years to hold them to account on that score. The higher standard should be the default, applied to everyone.

AoD

This reminds me of Tory getting elected after four years of Ford. Perhaps the bar will be set a little lower.

I agree. I voted Liberal in the advance polls.

However I very much hope these new Libs do not repeat the scandals and mismanagement of the old Libs. I'd like to see prudent management of the size and cost of gov't and its bureaucracy (expense and investment growth is fine if real results grow at an equal or greater rate). Most importantly I want to avoid repeats of scandals akin to Shawinigate, Sponsorship and conflicts of interest seen during previous Liberal regimes. Of course, Harper has been as bad if not far worse, but I'm holding Trudeau to a higher and perhaps unfair standard.

I agree. I bailed on the Liberals back in 2011, and decided to support them again during last years by-elections. I've finally decided to vote Liberal today after mulling a vote for the NDP. They will be closely watched by a lot of people who are giving them a second chance this time around.

Yup, though those of us with long memories should also recall that the Cons were elected on the so called accountability flank - it shouldn't have taken almost 10 years to hold them to account on that score. The higher standard should be the default, applied to everyone.

AoD

I almost went there in my post, but decided to hold off because I didn't want to veer too far off my point. But yes, fully agree -- one of the pillars of Harper's campaign when the Tories first formed the government was increased accountability, yet in the following years they made government more secretive and less accountable.

Up until yesterday I was predicting a small Conservative minority. The Ford rally changed it for me. That wreaked of desperation for the Conservatives. It's like they're throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. I think Trudeau ekes out a minority with around 130 seats.

NDP now saying they'd support a Conservative minority government?

MONTREAL — The NDP would be ready to work with the Conservatives in a minority government to make Parliament work, star NDP candidate and frequent spokesperson Andrew Thomson suggested on television Monday.

Speaking on CPAC, Thomson, who is running for a seat in the Toronto riding of Eglinton—Lawrence, told anchor Peter Van Dusen that the NDP would work with either party in a minority situation to make Parliament work for Canadians.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10/19/andrew-thomson_n_8332058.html

Up until yesterday I was predicting a small Conservative minority. The Ford rally changed it for me. That wreaked of desperation for the Conservatives. It's like they're throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. I think Trudeau ekes out a minority with around 130 seats.

Ekes out? The Liberals are in majority territory, or at least a very strong minority.

Back