News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Last edited:
I bet they still vote CPC though.
Is that any different than other parties....don't all parties have a "core" support that will vote for them always? Aren't there life long NDPers? Liberals? Isn't the task of any party going into any election to win over the people at the fringes? The voters who's vote flexes?

There is a guy I work with.....we talk politics a lot...mostly because we come at things from different perspectives on things. We even went to the foreign policy debate together. He is a life long Liberal...has never, ever, voted any other way. For fun at the office we often just say to him "Justin Trudeau"....he hates the man, physical stiffens up and scrunches his face at the mention of his name. Strangely, he and I also view the two niqab bans differently...he supports, both, the ban of the niqab at citizenship ceremonies and, even more strongly, for workers on government payrolls. When asked about the local Liberal candidate in his riding he describes him as "an inexperienced idiot". All that said, he is a 100% lock to vote Liberal.

Just from reading your posts I would bet you are someone, for example, that would never vote tory....and that is fine...but why would they waste any time tailoring any policies/approaches to try and convince you to vote for them? Rather focus on things that might swing votes from moveable voters.

I am not registered to any party and actually voted CPC in 2006, 2008 and 2011. It is just in the last few years that I really disliked Harper. If you met me back in 2012, I wouldn't have considered voting anything but Conservative!

I am not registered to any party and actually voted CPC in 2006, 2008 and 2011. It is just in the last few years that I really disliked Harper. If you met me back in 2012, I wouldn't have considered voting anything but Conservative!
Nor am I registered (nor is the Liberal I mentioned)....do apologize for the assumption I made about you and the tories.....but my main point still stands...the fact that some CPC supporters would vote for them no matter what is no different than other parties.

No need to apologize! I do agree that die hards exist for every party. Just look at my parents. They always vote CPC/PC, even if it is a wasted vote. In this case, I have told them that the Liberal incumbent is a 100% lock and they don't even like the CPC candidate, but will still vote for them.

So several new polls came out last night and this morning. All showing Liberals with favorable lead nationally (36-38%) and leading! in Quebec.

Ha I was just arguing with someone now about who I'd vote for. I have this idea that gov't should just be an app controlled by robots and taxes would just automatically be taken from your payroll &/or bank account at a flat 10% rate no matter your income/balance. Is there really a need today for inefficient bureaucracy?

I'm a Libertarian at heart so who is worth voting for? No one really....

Back