News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 5.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 29K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 2.8K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Facebook picture that accompanies Mammo's tweet

41861150_1929293110442140_2101565929300164608_o.jpg

PinkLucy

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Hamilton
So does he just not give a hoot about any of his constituents who aren't Christian? I suspect that's a fair sized percentage.

zang

Member Bio
Reaction score
One knows, the best place to pray is standing in a half-blocked doorway.

I've been trying to figure out why 20 years in politics, he thinks now is the time to show his "deeply spiritual" side.

I think he sees himself and Peruzza as too similar. They are both Italian after all, and Peruzza will definitely suck up moderate votes. Tiffany Ford will likely get the progressives. So he's gonna go hardcore conservative, but I personally don't think the christian conservative group is as big as the social conservatives, but he needs to differentiate himself somehow, especially considering Peruzza may start to lean right if there's any sign of true competition from Ford. Considering the provincial election for the Humber River-Black Creek just went to the NDP for the first time ever, he's seeing it as a loss already and he's hoping to get enough to get the plurality. He thinks Peruzza and Ford may split it just enough to give him that edge. But I also don't think he's counted on the Ford name meaning anything on the Etobicoke border. Ironically, the uneducated voters whom he can thank for his job, may actually be his downfall, because the ward shift is gonna be confusing as hell for a lot of people.

sixrings

Member Bio
Reaction score
can someone please give me a history summary how Mammo managed to become a city councilor? Were they just handing out six figure government jobs that day and no one else was around?

Urbinski

Member Bio
Reaction score
can someone please give me a history summary how Mammo managed to become a city councilor? Were they just handing out six figure government jobs that day and no one else was around?
In the 1990 provincial election that unexpectedly brought the NDP to power, lots of oddball characters were elected as NDP MPPs. With such low prospects of forming government going in, anyone could become an NDP candidate. After that, name recognition and his ego propelled him to a city council seat that he has clung to ever since.

mjl08

Member Bio
Reaction score
Dan Fox, who would have run against Shelley Carroll in the new wards, said he's no longer running.