News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You forgot to mention homophobic.

It's amazing how in 4 years after witnessing Wynne leadership style and the results of 15 years of Liberal rule, so many people became misogynist and homophobic when they weren't before.
Notice how carefully qualified my original statement was. I said that I suspected misogyny played a 'non-trivial' role. Since there will always be prejudice, to simply say that misogyny played a role is uninteresting. The real question is how much. I didn't specify. But I said it was greater than what we can trivially expect.

That's such a weak and reasonable claim, I'd be interested to hear why you take issue with it.

Notice how carefully qualified my original statement was. I said that I suspected misogyny played a 'non-trivial' role. Since there will always be prejudice, to simply say that misogyny played a role is uninteresting. The real question is how much. I didn't specify. But I said it was greater than what we can trivially expect.

That's such a weak and reasonable claim, I'd be interested to hear why you take issue with it.

Because people shovel so much coal into the cognitive dissonance engine that it’s too easy to keep heading down the tracks.

I had a lot of “conversations” with self-proclaimed conservatives—friends and strangers, before and after the election—about the sex ed curriculum. I read that thing from end to end. After factually disproving their arguments, and discounting the “Benjamin Levin—angle”, these people would ultimately crack an “Orville Reddenbacher” joke, or bring up the fact that she is a Lesbian.

Just because people aren’t initially overt with their bias, doesn’t mean it didn’t drive their dislike about her. It just means they don’t want to believe they’re harbouring bigoted feelings.

Just because people aren’t initially overt with their bias, doesn’t mean it didn’t drive their dislike about her. It just means they don’t want to believe they’re harbouring bigoted feelings.

And they don't like being called out on it either.

I still contend that Wynne lost because she didn't distance herself enough from the McGuinty regime. She needed to run a squeaky clean government. Instead the waste just continued.

Now we are all going to suffer as Ford is going to tear shit up now.

I still contend that Wynne lost because she didn't distance herself enough from the McGuinty regime. She needed to run a squeaky clean government. Instead the waste just continued.
Had Wynne announced she wasn't going to run for leader and then opened up a leadership race, there's a good chance the Libs would still be in power.

Pasternak easily with the religious vote and/or social-fiscal conservative vote.

Louise Russo is also running there and has name recognition. It could be a three-way race, but I'd agree that Pasternak is the favourite to win that one. I would personally choose Augimeri out of the three of them - I lived in Ward 9 for five years - but she's not especially strong, and her time is probably up.

And Lyin' Lucy's now officially in the running in Toronto Centre, against Wong-Tam and Smitherman.

That should only help out Wong-Tam - any opposition she might have had (she came in first place in every Ward 27 poll in 2014, even in Rosedale) is divided.

Wong-Tam doesn't even need help, she's grown even more popular since the last election. It's just stupid on Smitherman's part to insist on running in that ward. Another loss and a council race one at that... not a great look for his political career.

That being said, there are two strong Italian candidates and that community has moved rightward. Maria Augimeri is the last remnant of "Downsview Italian" social democracy.

Is Walied Khogali Ali staying in? I just learned he's having a canvass this weekend. It's going to be an uphill battle against KWT though.

Like Moise and Hollett, he's deeply entrenched with the NDP machine. As such, like them, I expect him to bow out.

My bad, KoK, Ali is in. He might take some votes away from KWT, especially in St. Jamestown, but it won't be enough.

I see there are two progressives running in York South-Weston. Any sense of whether Chiara Padovani or Lekan Olawoye is the stronger candidate?

Really like the both of them. They are great candidates. I know Lekan pushed Di Giorgio mighty close last time so I feel like he is stronger. However, with Nunziata I am not sure how he would fair. Chiara is great too but I fear they will both monopolise each others vote and it will be either incumbant again. I wish one of them would withdraw but doesnt look likely.

Back