News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just saw a video on Now This that had Mikey speaking. Does he have a speech impediment?

^ He's posted online that it's about democracy and he doesn't believe anyone should be acclaimed. The incumbent was the only person registered until @MetroMan joined the race.

'Nobody should ever be acclaimed' isn't a principle of democracy. I mean, it's not a thing. Does he really want to oust Cressy and win the office? No. Then it's not constructive use of time or resources.

Another Ward 20 entry:

Sean Marshall
@Sean_YYZ

Replying to @dmrider
Noticed a lot of RTs from Ontario Proud and Fox News. That should help her stand out in a crowded downtown council race.

David Rider @dmrider

Former CTV journalist who ran unsuccessfully for the PCs in the 2011 and 2014 provincial elections
Karlene Nation @karlenenation

There is only one Karlene Nation. And yes. I'm running for City Council in Ward 20. #torpoli

By the look of the flyer, I think its more Han Dong campaigning for John Tory.

Ick. Han Dong's a Liberal hack. I was looking forward to a race between two great young progressive candidates in Ward 20.

Last edited:
'Nobody should ever be acclaimed' isn't a principle of democracy. I mean, it's not a thing. Does he really want to oust Cressy and win the office? No. Then it's not constructive use of time or resources.

I disagree. Someone needs to hold candidates to account, even if they've done a good job. Cressy has the progressive credentials and votes the way I like, but I've been really disappointed by some of the things he's supported locally, and I get the sense of entitlement from him.

I wouldn't count out Wailed Khogali Ali against George Smitherman in Ward 23. It looks like he has a solid campaign infrastructure in the new and diverse riding.

Back