News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What?
The "truth about the candidates" is whatever their policy ideas are. Who cares what party they may be affiliated with? It's irrelevant in municipal politics.
I mean, I get that fanboys of specific parties think it's important, but for the rest of us, it's not.
The thing is many of these party affiliated councilors vote as a block on major issues. Most people don't know where councilors stand. It will be easier if the candidates identify with a party with a coherent message on the major issues, instead of ones that hide their leanings and make people vote against their interests.

One potential race no one has talked about: Joe Mihevc vs. Josh Matlow.

Who wins?
I actuality think Mihevc will not run in this race he getting up in age now and he is not used to campaigning.

Assuming he runs vs Matlow however I think he loses. Josh Matlow is really good at getting his name out their, so I think he will suck up more votes in ward 21 than Mihevc will in ward 22.

The thing is many of these party affiliated councilors vote as a block on major issues. Most people don't know where councilors stand. It will be easier if the candidates identify with a party with a coherent message on the major issues, instead of ones that hide their leanings and make people vote against their interests.

Yeah, but people will vote against their best interests regardless of labelling.

Did she ever really have it to begin with, beyond sharing a last name?

At one point she did as she was better than Adrian Heaps but then people realized she kisses the ass of whoever is in power. She married Lorenzo because the liberals were in power and now that they are the third party her and him are on the outs.

Despite being a card carrying liberal, she sucked up to John John and got onto the executive along with many other "City boosting" business trips.

Now that Ford is in power she is celebrating his decision to cut council claiming she has always been a proponent of smaller, more efficient government.

Her constituents see that and now see her as a sham, they see her working for herself and it will cost her.

I really dislike Berardinetti in the same way I dislike McMahon and Bailao. They 'talk the talk' about city-building and innovation, but have abysmal, centre-right voting records and almost always vote in line with JT.

At one point she did as she was better than Adrian Heaps but then people realized she kisses the ass of whoever is in power. She married Lorenzo because the liberals were in power and now that they are the third party her and him are on the outs.

Despite being a card carrying liberal, she sucked up to John John and got onto the executive along with many other "City boosting" business trips.

Now that Ford is in power she is celebrating his decision to cut council claiming she has always been a proponent of smaller, more efficient government.

Her constituents see that and now see her as a sham, they see her working for herself and it will cost her.
The funny thing about her(and some other councilors) is that she voted in favor of the 47 wards when they were originally proposed. Like I really hate flip flopping and she pretty blatantly has no principles.

Shelley Carroll has re-registered for Don Valley North. A big blow to Dan Fox, who previously looked like a front-runner in the old Ward 30.

So much for her tearful retirement.

What tearful retirement? She (unlike others) felt it inappropriate to continue to serve as Councillor while campaigning full time to be elected MPP. So she resigned. She did not retire from politics, nor do I recall her saying that her days in municipal politics were done for all time.

She did the right thing. The snark is misdirected.

Back