News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This is a very effective approach and for the first time since Ford was chosen as leader has given me hope that he can be defeated. View attachment 137354
... and they’re just getting started. Expose Ford’s policies and almost any voter can be turned off and many large demographic segments can be motivated to vote against him.

This is not the way to beat Doug Ford.

That poster just makes me roll my eyes.

Very much agree with this as a second generation and mixed race Canadian. I should add another thing I've noted: in the vast majority of cases (based on people I went to school with), children of more conservative immigrants become more liberal than their parents—sometimes much more so.
I'm definitely in that category. Although even my parents, who are rural, religious, conservative immigrants, are no fans of Doug Ford and might even dislike him more than Kathleen Wynne.

It’s a conundrum. No way will I cast a vote that leads to Doug Ford becoming premier. I like my MPP but I am not a fan of Wynne. So do I vote NDP? Or Green? I have declined my vote in the past. I don’t know what I will do yet.

I lived in a small town for a lot of years where the local candidate was usually the deciding factor
I've pretty much already decided that I'm going to vote for whoever is most likely to defeat the PC candidate in my riding. Whatever makes Premier Ford less likely gets my vote.

Are you a woman?

No. I am not.

And it doesn't change the fact that the poster you are promoting if full of lies. That's not the way to beat Doug Ford.

This is coming from someone that hates his fucking guts and will be voting against him.

I'm just worried because his opponents already are looking like they will be too smug.

This is not the way to beat Doug Ford.

That poster just makes me roll my eyes.
Maybe let's call it a good start. Simple messaging, clear text, wrong subject.

Abortion is not a ballot question. The public intrinsically knows he won't do anything about it, so they'll dismiss it.

What will work is attacking him on his economic record. We know he did shit all in Council - time to tell the rest of the province.

Didn't Doug already back off on the abortion question, right after he was elected leader? So yeah, I'd say it's pretty much a non-starter.

Didn't Doug already back off on the abortion question, right after he was elected leader? So yeah, I'd say it's pretty much a non-starter.

Driving a wedge between him and the social conservative arm of the party might be an effective tactic though. Just because they have a new leader doesn't mean they're not just as big a conflicted shit-show behind the scenes as when Brown was in charge. Make him back pedal on any perceived social conservative promises or comments to keep the party's progressive vote and it might be enough to expose the turmoil in the party during the election.

Social Conservatives have no choice but to vote PC. They really don't have a viable alternative.

Just like Republicans don't give a shit about all of Trumps faults.

They want to win way more then they want to hold their convictions.

Social Conservatives have no choice but to vote PC. They really don't have a viable alternative.

Just like Republicans don't give a shit about all of Trumps faults.

They want to win way more then they want to hold their convictions.

The goal isn't to get the social conservatives to vote for someone else. The goal is to expose and exacerbate the conflict between the social conservatives and the progressives in the party. If they can't keep their own party in line it will convince a lot of people that they're not fit to govern.

Back