News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You will be ripping up a lot of ballets in your life then

I haven't yet. I've voted for a candidate in every federal, provincial, and municipal election since 2003.

I'm just becoming jaded to the point of no return, so it may end up going down that road.

I still prefer burning anyway, I love fires.

That's what happened in the United States, when there were voters who didn't like neither candidate and ended up with the worst president in history.

Just remember the history of the Ford years at city hall and vote accordingly.

You can't try to psychologically coerce me into voting for someone I don't believe in just so you can feel better.

Nice try.

@WislaHD , why wouldn't you consider NDP rather than Green? Just curious!
Because as a lower-case L liberal, I cannot justify voting for the NDP in its current form.

I won't vote for parties that are ideologically opposed to liberalism on principle (just as I won't vote for a Ford, or a social conservative on principle), even if the NDP platform does benefit me personally the most as a young student.

Green I don't mind because at the very least if enough people vote for them, it signals to the other parties that caring for the environment gets you votes.

I have voted Green on occasion when nothing from the 3 major parties appealed to me. I'm not sure I can do it this time because they don't have a chance of stopping Ford. I don't like strategic voting, I would far rather vote FOR someone/something than against, but the thought of Doug as Premier really sticks in my craw so I might have to. I am always curious as to what motivates people beyond the actual platform being presented.

I can’t vote for such a fiscally irresponsible crowd. I can’t vote for a guy who ‘likes her smile’ and had that creepy long physical grab on the Premier. Awkward. Green is a lovely idea that needs to be at the core of every party’s thinking, rather than a party on the fringes. Heaven help us, the best we can hope for is slight blue majority, it it looks like a landslide.

Maybe, they’ll lose the three men in a tub logo and bring back the iconic and true symbol of my home. Not even the ‘Harper government’ - barf - played with the Canada wordmark.

^It would really help if Horwath said or expounded something dynamic and bold instead of just layering up costly programs. Schreiner and the Greens are talking sense, have gotten over their Greeny Weeny past it seems. (I'm for change, but change that is economically sustainable and sensible).

CBC has updated the poll tracker. The NDP has indeed gone ahead of the Liberals. But at least the good news is that it appears that the PC's have stopped the losses (which was really just one bad poll) and they are pointing upwards while the NDP and Liberals are staying below 30% and 25% respectively.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/onvotes/poll-tracker/

That you think this is good news saddens me. To support this self-absorbed, intellectually bereft homophobe isn't really justifiable, not intellectually, not morally, not ideologically. Sigh.

That you think this is good news saddens me. To support this self-absorbed, intellectually bereft homophobe isn't really justifiable, not intellectually, not morally, not ideologically. Sigh.
You have to understand though, his business is labels.

What's really scary is that so many Ontarians tell pollsters that they support him.

I can’t vote for such a fiscally irresponsible crowd. I can’t vote for a guy who ‘likes her smile’ and had that creepy long physical grab on the Premier. Awkward. Green is a lovely idea that needs to be at the core of every party’s thinking, rather than a party on the fringes. Heaven help us, the best we can hope for is slight blue majority, it it looks like a landslide.

Maybe, they’ll lose the three men in a tub logo and bring back the iconic and true symbol of my home. Not even the ‘Harper government’ - barf - played with the Canada wordmark.

I won't be the bearer of false hopes; but neither would I assume its a PC landslide either.

My read of the current polls is a slim PC majority based on what seats I think are in play.

But a slight downward shift (6 points), if that all goes to the NDP, and its a much different ball game. Three weeks and a bit left. Let's see where things take us.

Last edited:
^It would really help if Horwath said or expounded something dynamic and bold instead of just layering up costly programs. Schreiner and the Greens are talking sense, have gotten over their Greeny Weeny past it seems. (I'm for change, but change that is economically sustainable and sensible).

Being Green means being a proponent of sustainability. This obviously includes financial sustainability. As a classical liberal I would never have supported them otherwise.

Last edited:

Back