News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Guelph's Mike Schreiner to hold Ask Me Anything session on Reddit
The Ontario Green Party leader to host A.M.A. on Thursday between 9-10 p.m.
NEWS 12:51 PM by Mercury Tribune staff Guelph Mercury

Ontario Green Party leader Mike Schreiner is holding an Ask Me Anything (A.M.A.) online on Thursday evening.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Guelph Green Party candidate posted on a Toronto Reddit page that he'll be online between 9 and 10 p.m. on May 31 answering every question he can. For the questions he's unable to get to, he wrote a member of his team will answer them.

Questions are already coming in. To take part, or to just read along with what he has to say, see the Reddit thread here.

Tomorrow from 9-10pm I’ll be taking your questions on @reddit Toronto! #ONpoli #OnElxn #AskMeAnything https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/8na5dp/im_mike_schreiner_green_party_of_ontario_leader/ …

6:40 PM - May 30, 2018
https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-...er-to-hold-ask-me-anything-session-on-reddit/

PROVINCIAL ELECTION May 30, 2018

Guelph 'too close to call' in next week's election: Laurier study
https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-...o-call-in-next-week-s-election-laurier-study/

My dad, who was previously fine with voting PC, now thinks that all of the choices suck. He isn't happy with the lack of a costed platform and doesn't like Doug Ford.
Tell him to vote Libertarian then....they are always my second choice.

Or you know, the Greens. The one party with a costed and fiscally conservative platform.

Something that I have been wondering about having spoken with a few conservatives today, how many PC voters are actually motivated to go to the polls this election?

I don't know if it is a Toronto-bias, but the majority of the conservatives I know are not voting for Ford. None of them like Ford at all. If they go to vote, they are voting against Wynne or the prospect of the NDP governing. Meanwhile, one even surprised me today and said that they voted NDP.

I'm curious how PC voter turnout will be like this election as it is traditionally strong. Will many simply stay home, unmotivated to vote?

Something that I have been wondering about having spoken with a few conservatives today, how many PC voters are actually motivated to go to the polls this election?

I don't know if it is a Toronto-bias, but the majority of the conservatives I know are not voting for Ford. None of them like Ford at all. If they go to vote, they are voting against Wynne or the prospect of the NDP governing. Meanwhile, one even surprised me today and said that they voted NDP.

I'm curious how PC voter turnout will be like this election as it is traditionally strong. Will many simply stay home, unmotivated to vote?

But again, remember that Ipsos poll I cited. 82% of Conservatives are motivated to vote compared to just 69% of NDPers. And furthermore, the group most likely to vote are those over age 30 where the Tories are bound to do stronger with than the NDP.

We can cite anecdotes all we like, but at the end of the day: this is a change election. Which party represents the furthest departure from the status quo? That's what is top of mind for most voters, I would assume.

Or you know, the Greens. The one party with a costed and fiscally conservative platform.

Well, obviously, the Greens are always my first choice.

Look, I'll even do my duty to my former party:

Vote for real change. Vote Green.

:)

PS: Let's be real. People don't care about a costed and fiscally conservative platform. Especially the ones who clamour for it most. Else, what would explain the polls? The PCs are supposedly great for our collective finances yet they can't string together a costed platform. It's a joke. People still buy their rubbish too! Imagine the delusion. You'd think most of the province is having a psychotic break: clamouring for the one thing those they support won't give them.

Though, to be fair, I've known people having a psychotic break who were more cogent.

Last edited:
We can cite anecdotes all we like, but at the end of the day: this is a change election. Which party represents the furthest departure from the status quo? That's what is top of mind for most voters, I would assume.

No it's not. Any of that ^.

First of all, this election is a "change" election. There will be no serious departure from the status quo. It. Will. Be. The. Same. Shit. All. Over. Again: Dysfunctional politics born of an undemocratic. electoral process. Change is not top of mind for most voters. If it were, they wouldn't be bothering with the same old shit.

The only change we'll see after June 7 is a change in the governing party.

A good point. Doug is a noted supporter of the Trump.

Considering he keeps yammering on about putting up signs at the border that say "Ontario is open for business", you would think he would come out strongly against the idiotic and extremely counterproductive trade war Trump is laying down on the globe.

Then again, Ford isn't exactly coherent.

https://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/state-of-the-race-why-a-pc-majority-is-almost-inevitable/

Telling how Quito Maggi's buying into/pushing the "scary scary NDP candidate" Corbynista-caucus mythology.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have Andrea Horwath who seems like a reasonable progressive option to Kathleen Wynne. But recent revelations about some NDP candidates mean this isn’t the benign social justice party of Bob Rae circa 1990, or even the NDP of Jack Layton 2011. This is the Leap Manifesto, f#@k the police, social justice warrior NDP that makes many centrist progressives uncomfortable. Andrea Horwath has the reverse problem of Doug Ford, she is head and shoulders better than her candidates.

For every dumb comment by an NDP candidate, Andrew Lawton said a dozen stupid things...

Evidently I'm not the only one finding Horwath's disowning of Bob Rae demeaning and cowardly. She likes to throw people under the bus almost as much as the other two. Make no mistake, she's not as bad a choice as Mini Trump, but nonetheless, Rae has had to address the lies himself:
Bob Rae responds:
‘At some point, the
lies have to be
answered’

The present Ont NDP would do well to have someone of Rae's calibre. But of course, the same goes for all three parties, the fourth being led quite ably by Schreiner.

Back