News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Being that I am an independent voter who doesn't donate to or join parties, the Liberals getting crushed doesn't bother me at all. What does is Doug getting a majority government.

Everyone's a nonpartisan until reality sets in that the right-wing party, and biased only against the right-wing party, has a good chance of winning.

Everyone's a nonpartisan until reality sets in that the right-wing party, and biased only against the right-wing party, has a good chance of winning.
I thought the PC's were ahead. According to the CBC Vote Compass - they are the closest we have to a centrist party in Ontario.

So Wynne is basically saying that they're not going to win, but vote for them anyway to reduce the chance of a majority for either of the other parties. I have a feeling this is going to backfire on her - she's essentially removing the Liberals from consideration for the average voter, making it a two way race between the NDP and Conservatives.

Everyone knows that she and the Liberals are toast. As a Leader of a major and historic party I doubt it's possible to say - "vote for the other guy". But I wonder if that is what she is really hoping for.

Just based on numbers, it is very unlikely that we will have a minority government if the Liberals only get 5 or 6 seats (although it did happen in BC). So the signal may actually be for all left wing voters to support the NDP. Even though she doesn't say it specifically, her soldiers in the media will likely report it this way as the only way to stop a Ford majority. The Liberals would be quite happy with an NDP minority because their policies would essentially continue, the party would do worse than we are doing now, and the Liberals could campaign in 4 years that things got worse since the Liberals left.

Everyone knows that she and the Liberals are toast. As a Leader of a major and historic party I doubt it's possible to say - "vote for the other guy". But I wonder if that is what she is really hoping for.

Just based on numbers, it is very unlikely that we will have a minority government if the Liberals only get 5 or 6 seats (although it did happen in BC). So the signal may actually be for all left wing voters to support the NDP. Even though she doesn't say it specifically, her soldiers in the media will likely report it this way as the only way to stop a Ford majority. The Liberals would be quite happy with an NDP minority because their policies would essentially continue, the party would do worse than we are doing now, and the Liberals could campaign in 4 years that things got worse since the Liberals left.
Her soldiers in the media? lol... the same soldiers who are endorsing the PC party for this election? Wasn't the only Toronto newspaper that endorsed the Liberals in the last federal election the Star? The "liberal media" is a myth.

Good point about Wynne's motives though. She might be trying to subtly get remaining Liberal voters to switch to the NDP. Still, I'm not convinced that an NDP government would be worse than what we have now. The Rae government is ancient history and the NDP have run perfectly fine governments in other provinces since then. And since economists are saying that the NDP would have the smallest deficits of all the major parties, they're the least fiscally reckless choice.

Back