News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

so RIP ECT E and W due to lack of money for redesign.... FWLRT a la Sheppard LRT.... half of GO RER in order to fund the subway madness
DRL until our children grow up

There's no way Tories are building DRL of any sort and very unlikely build Yonge North either. It'll just be the 1-stop SSE - at best.

wow you guys are all a bunch of negatives. One of their key platform items was increased funding for subways - they aren't going to cut YNSE or the DRL.

What we will probably see is:
- Eglinton West end up with more grade separations;
- Eglinton East cut as it won't make sense underground;
- the SSE getting extended to Don Mills to form the Sheppard subway extension;
- DRL phase 1;
- RER;
- the YNSE.

Tory will probably figure out a way to get at least part of the waterfront LRT funded with just municipal and federal funding if the PCs are unwilling to contribute funds to it. The part over to the Portlands is simply too important for it to die.

the entire transit world isn't going to collapse in on itself. We are probably just going to see a lot of money wasted on stuff that isn't needed, like Sheppard.

Finch is too far along to be cancelled, the PCs have said they will keep it.

wow you guys are all a bunch of negatives. One of their key platform items was increased funding for subways - they aren't going to cut YNSE or the DRL.

What we will probably see is Eglinton West end up with more grade separations, Eglinton East cut as it won't make sense underground, the SSE getting extended to Don Mills to form the Sheppard subway extension, DRL phase 1, RER, and the YNSE. Tory will probably figure out a way to get at least part of the waterfront LRT funded with just municipal and federal funding if the PCs are unwilling to contribute funds to it.

Just like his late brother rob did? He gutted most of the LRTs just to bury half of the ECT and most of his plans were reversed. Doug has no idea where to find money. He has no MPP experience so truthfully he isnt even qualified to make such
deceiving promises. He is Trump Jnr....grand promises but once he finds out reality has to backtrack on most things

so RIP ECT E and W due to lack of money for redesign.... FWLRT a la Sheppard LRT.... half of GO RER in order to fund the subway madness
DRL until our children grow up

Is it not more likely that Eglinton West LRT will get built now more than ever since it's running through Ford country? Only advantage now is that it'll be side-of-roadway ROW, grade-separated at the stations its whole length which is what the affected constituents have wanted all along.

Still struggling to see the point of Finch West LRT, could just be an express bus route. The $1.2 billion it'll cost could be spent elsewhere. BRT would only cost $100 million by contrast and do the same job.

The Liberals and the NDP's proxy David Miller never prioritized a DRL until recently.

PC will build the DRL. Not doing so would be suicide for 2022, Toronto-wise. However, I'm giving up on hope that DRL Long opens before or at the same time as YNSE...let alone built at all

What we will probably see is:
- Eglinton West end up with more grade separations;
- Eglinton East cut as it won't make sense underground;
- the SSE getting extended to Don Mills to form the Sheppard subway extension;
- DRL phase 1;
- RER;
- the YNSE.

Tory will probably figure out a way to get at least part of the waterfront LRT funded with just municipal and federal funding if the PCs are unwilling to contribute funds to it. The part over to the Portlands is simply too important for it to die.

the entire transit world isn't going to collapse in on itself. We are probably just going to see a lot of money wasted on stuff that isn't needed, like Sheppard.

Finch is too far along to be cancelled, the PCs have said they will keep it.

I beg to differ on one of your points, Eglinton East does make sense grade-separated, just pair it down to nine stations. I've discussed in the Crosstown thread how this can be done.

I'm actually still feeling hopeful about DRL and YNSE now. We'll see what happens, as long as it's not the "planning paralysis" we've been subjected to all this time.

Doug Ford's promises are about as credible as a con artist. Until the PCs propose any sort of funding plan, let alone something that's actually realistic (i.e not built on fictional government waste, trickle down economics, or "the private sector will pay for it")... anything that they've promised is subject to change and should not be taken seriously except by the most gullible of voters.

Doug Ford's promises are about as credible as a con artist.
I have to take you to issue: You're being far too kind.

I got confirmation from an article or editorial I read at the Globe IIRC, an absolutely scathing one, and since I can't recall which one exactly, I can't link it at this time, but the reason he makes robots and mannequins seem positively alive and vibrant in comparison, as well as being of a higher intellect? Almost all that comes out of the android Ford's mouth is off a teleprompter, and being as he is, he can only read so fast. I have to wonder if it instructs him when to raise his hands and say "People" and "The Folks", or if that's just a tic programmed to jerk at intervals...

Fireball XL5 was real in comparison.

Last edited:
Doug Ford's promises are about as credible as a con artist. Until the PCs propose any sort of funding plan, let alone something that's actually realistic (i.e not built on fictional government waste, trickle down economics, or "the private sector will pay for it")... anything that they've promised is subject to change and should not be taken seriously except by the most gullible of voters.
That is a description of nearly all governments, regardless of parties.

Back