News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Some disappointing news....

Accurate. So dumb not to give them F-16s before the offensive or ATACMS to destroy those airfields. Or enough air defences to cover the force.

The Russians are cynically evil too. They keep attacking cities so that the Ukrainians are forced to keep their air defences there.

We'll see if some expensive Storm Shadows can blunt some of this. But it's sad that the Ukrainians have to use really expensive Storm Shadows for this.
I thought I saw something about the US finally approving ATACMS for Ukraine the other day.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this not considered war crimesn, possibly genocide?

100%.

There's a lot of people who wonder what they would do if they faced evil like Hitler in their time. This is the test of our generation. And we're failing it spectacularly.

This is why I'm absolutely sick of all the wavering and equivocating discussion everywhere. It's particularly disappointing to see how little we've done in Canada over the last few months. We may not have enough equipment to give. But we absolutely could have contributed a lot more to the common efforts to buy the Ukrainians weapons and ammunition.

Leave it to the Russians to blow up a dam and kill off a number of their own troops as a result.

You couldn't script this if you tried.

Leave it to the Russians to blow up a dam and kill off a number of their own troops as a result.

You couldn't script this if you tried.
Flooded ground littered with dead bodies and animals, flooded and failed septic/municipal waste systems. Right up there with digging trenches in radioactive ground. Seeing as they seem to treat their troops like fodder, I doubt Russian training or doctrine has many pages on battlefield hygiene.

I'm not saying the Ukrainians are going to exploit Russian stupidity and evil. I'm just saying the ground in Khakhovka reservoir is getting dry enough for vehicles to get across .....
I'm not so sure. Walking may be one thing but that might be just silt that has crusted over and what lies beneath could well be goo since it is still in the water table. Hopefully, engineers would have a look at it first.

Besides, even it it supports heavy vehicles, that's a long way with virtually no cover.

I'm not so sure. Walking may be one thing but that might be just silt that has crusted over and what lies beneath could well be goo since it is still in the water table. Hopefully, engineers would have a look at it first.

Way easier than a longer amphibious assault.

Besides, even it it supports heavy vehicles, that's a long way with virtually no cover.

Insert SOF at night with low flying helicopters or on quads across the river bed. They take out artillery and air defences. Drop in an airmobile infantry brigade to secure the bridgehead. Start building your crossing. Flow through as many brigades as you can, as quickly as you can, and break out. It can be done. It requires skill, precision and a high level of violence of action. No idea if they'll do it. But if I was a Ukrainian staff officer, I'd be so tempted.....

Back