News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I don't think I've ever seen a Corps commander quit in the middle of a war....

It would appear he was fired........

356371241_284506780765369_6479269809995275044_n.jpg

356462805_983673339438503_4897262089847278009_n.jpg

356396279_313196644389982_4787411011826968345_n.jpg

I can't emphasize how nuts this is. A corps commander (for reference this was the level of the Canadian contingent in WW2 and higher than what we have today) quitting in the middle of the war and then telling his troops he (and by extension them) was betrayed, is just unprecedented.

Now that Ukraine has the cluster munitions, do we think the AFU will now begin their punch through to Melitopol or Mariupol? The impatient West has backed their champion and now wants a clash followed by a knockdown climax, not a Somme-like stalemate. Ukraine is reluctant to advance due to risk of AFU lives, but the West wants Russia humiliated and neutered asap, and I fear the coalition of supporters may not hold forever. A major challenge may be the Nov 2024 elections in the US.

Now that Ukraine has the cluster munitions, do we think the AFU will now begin their punch through to Melitopol or Mariupol? The impatient West has backed their champion and now wants a clash followed by a knockdown climax, not a Somme-like stalemate. Ukraine is reluctant to advance due to risk of AFU lives, but the West wants Russia humiliated and neutered asap, and I fear the coalition of supporters may not hold forever. A major challenge may be the Nov 2024 elections in the US.

I wouldn't in their shoes. I would continue the attrition strategy. It's delivering dividends. The Russian rate of artillery is dropping. There is grown dissension amongst their leadership. They are getting worn down. Once the Russians are close to breaking then the AFU will strike.

Should be explained that the need for cluster munitions was so that they could preserve their conventional artillery stocks for the main effort.

They got put into this situation by not being given adequate air power, air defences and long range fires. Pretty hypocritical of the West to expect Ukraine to fight and accept losses that we never would.

All the reason for Ukraine to commence its punch through the front lines and start the end game. Thousands of Ukrainian citizens are in essentially slavery death camps, waiting for the higher ups in Kyiv to decide that the conditions for the major move are acceptable.

It's not that easy. A failed counteroffensive makes them very vulnerable to a Russian offensive. That's why they have to really deplete Russian forces first.

War sucks. And sometimes hard choices have to be made. This is one of them.

It's not that easy. A failed counteroffensive makes them very vulnerable to a Russian offensive. That's why they have to really deplete Russian forces first.

War sucks. And sometimes hard choices have to be made. This is one of them.

When it finally ends and the world knows the true extent of the crimes, they will become even more of a pariah state - the outlook for countries like that will be grim. So much for restoration of Empire.

AoD

Back