News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I’d argue that all should be turfed apart from three. Maybe 5 if I’m feeling very generous.
We should have three-term term limits for all municipal elected positioned. Serving your local neighbourhood or city isn’t supposed to be a lifetime career. I think much the same for higher governments but let‘s fix this at the council level.

We should have three-term term limits for all municipal elected positioned. Serving your local neighbourhood or city isn’t supposed to be a lifetime career. I think much the same for higher governments but let‘s fix this at the council level.

I’ve long been opposed to term limits, but it gets more and more tempting in order to get rid of the deadwood. That said, term limits wouldn’t have stopped the dinosaur Mike Colle from returning to council, or another Ford to run in Etobicoke North, or from dynasties forming.

I like ranked ballots that make it easier for opposition to the incumbent to toss aside a mediocre councillor, rather than see challengers split the vote.

As for the councillors I’d keep, it’s easier to name the councillors who need to go. These include progressive favourites like Perks and Fletcher, who have become arrogant and obstructionist.

I’ve long been opposed to term limits, but it gets more and more tempting in order to get rid of the deadwood. That said, term limits wouldn’t have stopped the dinosaur Mike Colle from returning to council, or another Ford to run in Etobicoke North, or from dynasties forming.

I like ranked ballots that make it easier for opposition to the incumbent to toss aside a mediocre councillor, rather than see challengers split the vote.

As for the councillors I’d keep, it’s easier to name the councillors who need to go. These include progressive favourites like Perks and Fletcher, who have become arrogant and obstructionist.

Agree completely on Fletcher.

Not familiar enough w/the issues w/Perks, but seeing as he's had an extended run it certainly seems reasonable to look for some new blood.

I think single transferable vote would be a good compromise between term limits and promoting non incumbents.

Adam Vaughan won’t be running – he’s gone over to Navigator.

I've always had a soft spot for Vaughan. He was frequently a voice of reason during the dark Ford days and was forward-thinking on a lot city issues on council. Still, he's become somewhat of a Twitter grump post-council, and especially post-Parliament. Strategist/lobbyist seems like an odd gig for him given his straight-from-the-hip style.

Anti-mandate anti-vaxxer nut job. She also made the effort to go and decline her vote in the last provincial election, and thinks science is no better than religion.
Also I checked her Linkedin. Bio says she's a life coach and a writer. I think it's pretty weird that she only has volunteer experiences listed and no job history.
Old TVO article mentions she did an environmental degree at McGill and worked for WWF for a bit.

Back